VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kjps86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I've got the GOG version of Realms of Arkania 3, but it seems like it is missing some sounds, particularly during the intro where it is completely silent. It is running off of a bin/cue image, and I've tried running it in DOSbox myself and setting up the sound via the setup utility.

Does anyone know if this is how the game originally ran, or if there is something I'm not doing to make it work?

As usual, any help is appreciated.

Reply 2 of 5, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Open the cue file (the smaller one). It should have a list of the audio tracks.

While not solving your issue, check out my video tutorial on YouTube (link in my signature) that shows you how to tweak GOG.com DOSBox games in many ways 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3 of 5, by kjps86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for the lack of info. To be more clear, the redbook CD audio plays fine. I'm more interested in whether the digital sound effects in the game are somehow broken and/or missing. When you start the game and the credits are rolling, there is no audio whatsoever, and it really seems like there should be some.

Does anyone have the original release or additional info?

Reply 4 of 5, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The three Smacker movies for the credits (FanPro, Attic, and SirTech) do not contain audio according to the RADVideo tools, and no cdaudio track is playing over them, so silence seems correct. There should be digital audio over the intro sequence (screenshot), though.