DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 900 of 1968, by mgtroyas

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rcblanke wrote:

May this be relevant?

Didn't work. It's some subtle change, as it has worked for more than a year. I'll try to test from others PCs. Thanx anyway.

Reply 904 of 1968, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

One option I thought was strangely missing in configuration is the allow 9 pixel width text option. Haven't checked the latest beta, but is that in at all?

The shader combobox could have the CRT shaders listed as well. I currently overwrite a cartoon shader to use it 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 905 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I'm a bit behind on 'the experimental features' field, but I'll try to get (some of) the additional options in for the next test build. Just remember that if you need to use those features before they're available in the profile editing screen, you can always create a new "DOSBox version" inside DBGL with the features that you require configured in your own customized dosbox.conf. Because DBGL uses configuration file inheritance, your custom settings will then be used for all profiles that are linked to that specific DOSBox version.

leileilol wrote:

The shader combobox could have the CRT shaders listed as well. I currently overwrite a cartoon shader to use it 😀

?? 🙄 Yes yes, I'll add them.

Attachments

• shaders.png
    Filename
    shaders.png
    File size
    30.79 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 907 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

0.74b is up with the following changes:

* Added support for binding OS-native/external commands to profiles and templates (gbbbs and others)
* Multiple fixes in the Add Game Wizard; fix imgmount path for CD images that got moved after game installation, also move accompanying .bin file for each moved .cue file, improved main exe file detection by ignoring file extensions
* Fixed a problem that when booting an .IMA file DBGL would autocreate the mounts but when saving did not accept them (Neville)
* Fixing a minor regression when browsing for a DOSBox version so that you correctly start in main DOSBox folder
* SWT updated to 4.2.1

All the latest files.
To upgrade, grab the dbgl.jar as usual.

More is coming, I'm considering your suggestions.

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

• native_commands.png
    Filename
    native_commands.png
    File size
    21.95 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    A new sub-tab below 'Custom Commands' provides access to running external commands such as xpadder.exe
    File license

Reply 909 of 1968, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gbbbs wrote:

yes yes PERFECT..... thank you so much !!!!

and one question about the pixelshader options, how can i use it ? in the field "pixelshader" its grey or inactive ?

You need to use a version of DOSBox complied with support for shaders, not one of the default releases. Try one of ykhwong's builds.

Reply 910 of 1968, by gbbbs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok thanks ! so i will try other dosbox version 😀

@Ronald
can i copy external Programs (xpadder) in DBGL folder, and start them without to put a absolute path ? an option for A relative path would be nice !!

Reply 911 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all! Another update, test build 0.74c, featuring:

* Support for all the latest (ykhwong/Daum, h-a-l-9000, Gulikoza) experimental DOSBox builds using settings such as char9, cgasnow, ps1audio, innova, printer, ne2000, etc. etc. Removed a few legacy settings such as mt32rate and timesynch. (leileilol)
* Read the contents of the dosroot/shaders dir to fill the shaders dropdown. If the directory is empty or does not exist, the regular list is used as configured in dynamic options (kolano)
* made native commands use relative directory (DATA, defaults to main DBGL dir) (gbbbs)

All the latest files.

Regards,
Ronald

Attachments

• experimental.png
    Filename
    experimental.png
    File size
    28.04 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Example experimental settings
    File license

Reply 912 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DBGL v0.74c is hanging on me if I edit tons of multiple profiles at the same time. Read "tons" as in 200 or more.

BTW, are the language files updated? It's getting time for me to update the Spanish translation, I think.

Reply 914 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Alright. I also have other minor quips about DBGL:

1) DBGL won't get the author info from MobyGames if the author is an individual poerson rather than a software developer.

2) When DBGL downloads descriptions from HOTUD, it puts everything in the same paragraph.

3) When using the "Refresh" option from the context menu after renaming captures DBGL often hangs.

Reply 915 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all, here's another update, test build 0.74d:

* Fixing a crashbug regression when multi-editing profiles (Neville)
* Get the author info from MobyGames' Credits section if the author is an individual person rather than a 'developer', for example "Kingdom of Kroz" (1.Neville)
* Fix obtaining descriptions from HOTUD, so that paragraphs are correctly separated (2.Neville)
* Fix reading ISO files with uncommon directory sizes which could lead to the directory structure not being read correctly (Neville)
* Fix crashbug when no disk images are being used in the Add Game Wizard
* Treat non-equal .IMA FATs as a non-fatal problem, like DOSBox does
* Fix crashbug when trying to open an invalid gamepackarchive
* Fix crashbug when refreshing thumbs (3.Neville)

All the latest files.

Anyone experiencing issues using DBGL can try to start DBGL with this script (just put it in the main DBGL folder). It will create 2 log files (dbgl_stdout.log and dbgl_stderr.log) in which all messages and stacktraces are recorded that could be helpfull when resolving program bugs.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 916 of 1968, by kolano

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm seeing an issue...
• When using Browse.. against a BIN/CUE images the Launcher locks up and crashes. Logs don't seem to have anything interesting, stderr is empty and stdout just contains...
"Launching DBGL using 64-Bit VM 1.7.0_10 on Windows 7 v6.1amd64, HSQL Database Engine 1.8.1.3, SWT v4234win32
Startup
Accepting messages on port 4,740"

It would be nice if...
• The "Mount Images" dialog recognized disk image formats generally (i.e. iso, cue, ima, etc) and selected CD/Floppy emulation based on detected image type, instead of forcing reselection of type or other file input clicking to view the alternate file type.
• The custom fields beyond 4 got drop-down lists.
• Column order was preserved after revising displayed columns / column names.

Reply 917 of 1968, by code120

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Since you updated options for yhkwong, maybe you can add an option in the 'experimetal' I/O section to use official DOSBox keyboard behaviour (key delay setting).

I often put 'mode con rate=32 delay=2' in the 'At Start' section of 'DOSBox [autoexec]' commands to do this when using yhkwong build, maybe there is a way to do it automatically with a selection box in that I/O section?

Reply 918 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi there, yet another update, test build 0.74e:

* Fix reading certain particularly large CD image directories. This turned out to be a classic off-by-one bug in a Java library I use for this purpose, resulting in an endless loop. At least we now know why that library is called Loopy 😁 (kolano)
* Support for exporting and importing of custom native commands
* Allow confirmation of a known game when there's exactly one result in the Add Game Wizard
* Show 'all applicable files' when possible (exe/installer/cd) when browsing for a file, so that you don't have to choose a certain type in advance (kolano)
* Preserve profile table column order after revising displayed columns / column names (kolano)
* Synchronized all language files again, so they're now ready for translation

All the latest files.

Regards,
Ronald

Last edited by rcblanke on 2013-01-16, 16:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 919 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
code120 wrote:

...I often put 'mode con rate=32 delay=2' in the 'At Start' section of 'DOSBox [autoexec]' commands to do this when using yhkwong build, maybe there is a way to do it automatically...

Well, you could put that exact command in a (possibly default) DBGL template so that the field is pre-filled automatically, or you can simply put the command in the end of the dosbox.conf accompanying that specific DOSBox version. Since DBGL/DOSBox loads both this dosbox.conf and your profile.conf, the 'mode con...' will be executed at the start of the [autoexec] execution.

Thanks for all the suggestions people!