Topic actions

Reply 406 of 836, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

How do you split a post?

It's the 4th button on the moderator toolbar at the bottom of the thread. In addition to picking the destination forum, you also have to copy and paste the thread title (since you're splitting to a new thread) and check the box next to the spam post.

robertmo wrote:

you trash the spam not split it 😀

We have a Trash Can forum where all spam goes so that admins can know to delete spammer accounts and maybe improve blocking or whatever. If we just delete the spam instead of putting it in the Trash Can forum, we lose that extra layer of spam-fighting.

What I usually do is:
1. If spam is its own thread, move it to Trash Can without a redirect.
2. If spam is a post in an existing thread, split that post to a new thread in the Trash Can forum. I copy and paste the subject of the spam post as the title of the new topic.

Edit: I really wish we could have a Captcha and/or special question for new account creation. These are standard anti-spammer measures on most other forums now.

Reply 408 of 836, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
HunterZ wrote:
It's the 4th button on the moderator toolbar at the bottom of the thread. In addition to picking the destination forum, you also […]
Show full quote
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

How do you split a post?

It's the 4th button on the moderator toolbar at the bottom of the thread. In addition to picking the destination forum, you also have to copy and paste the thread title (since you're splitting to a new thread) and check the box next to the spam post.

robertmo wrote:

you trash the spam not split it 😀

We have a Trash Can forum where all spam goes so that admins can know to delete spammer accounts and maybe improve blocking or whatever. If we just delete the spam instead of putting it in the Trash Can forum, we lose that extra layer of spam-fighting.

What I usually do is:
1. If spam is its own thread, move it to Trash Can without a redirect.
2. If spam is a post in an existing thread, split that post to a new thread in the Trash Can forum. I copy and paste the subject of the spam post as the title of the new topic.

Edit: I really wish we could have a Captcha and/or special question for new account creation. These are standard anti-spammer measures on most other forums now.

Thank you very much HunterZ.

Reply 413 of 836, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I went through the most recently-registered members in the memberlist and looked at their posts. There was a guy whose profile and signature linked to some garage door business or something, so I trashed his post.

Reply 416 of 836, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

heqiao11111 spams about tigers jerseys....

Post 304595
Post 304594
Post 304593
Post 304592
Post 304591

(Ed: At least he had the courtesy to make new threads, which are quicker to trash. Trashed! --HunterZ)

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]