XBox One unveiled

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 125, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mike wrote:

Meh, I am not too fond of MS consoles, since the 360 I had was one of hundreds of thousands to millions that have red-ringed on me, and that alone is deal-breaker to me, and I have had my PS3 since 2007, and it still works as good as I got it on day one, not to mention that the controller is much lighter, and has some decent JRPGs such as Ni No Kuni and Tales of Graces, which the 360 never had, though it had some JRPGs. While Halo sounds good, I much rather play Quake or Heretic on the PC, because FPS games from that era just seem much better to me. Those are my two cents.

Just as many PS3's yellow lighted. Look at all the broken PS3 consoles and PS3 parts for sale on ebay alone. When you add up all the parts, there are a lot more dead PS3's than dead XBox 360 for sale on ebay.

Reply 41 of 125, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mike wrote:

While Halo sounds good, I much rather play Quake or Heretic on the PC, because FPS games from that era just seem much better to me. Those are my two cents.

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC anyway. That's all the Halo one really needs. 😀

Reply 42 of 125, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have not heard anything positive about this console, and as far as I know so far no one is going to buy it. Until the next COD comes out and it's a no show for the 360??? Guess MS is banking on millions of gamers rage buying the One. 🤣

Reply 43 of 125, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

Just as many PS3's yellow lighted. Look at all the broken PS3 consoles and PS3 parts for sale on ebay alone. When you add up all the parts, there are a lot more dead PS3's than dead XBox 360 for sale on ebay.

The availability of broken consoles currently on eBay is hardly an indication of how many consoles broke, particularly considering Microsoft had a warranty replacement program that many took advantage of. We're also talking about consoles that have been out for eight years at this point.

Reply 45 of 125, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Oh look, those amusing Taiwanese people have weighed in too.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124 … ns-The-Xbox-One

I had not heard before of the possibility that this technology could be used to make sure you're paying attention and sitting through commercials. That quite possibly alarms me more than any concerns about privacy.

Reply 47 of 125, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

I had not heard before of the possibility that this technology could be used to make sure you're paying attention and sitting through commercials. That quite possibly alarms me more than any concerns about privacy.

I for one welcome this feature. Finally, hard data showing that not one single person is paying attention while a commercial airs. They might even pick up on the psysiological phenomena of the brain ceasing all activity until the show resumes.

Reply 48 of 125, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:
Jorpho wrote:

I for one welcome this feature. Finally, hard data showing that not one single person is paying attention while a commercial airs. They might even pick up on the psysiological phenomena of the brain ceasing all activity until the show resumes.

Has anybody else come across sites that give you a 30 ~ 60 second pause and a message stating that if you watch the 15 second ad you can watch the video sooner ?

This is due to folks like me that use Adblock plus, but I would rather wait that extra time then to get flooded with more adverts.

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 49 of 125, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BigBodZod wrote:

Has anybody else come across sites that give you a 30 ~ 60 second pause and a message stating that if you watch the 15 second ad you can watch the video sooner ?

Blip has a 90 second wait for what it reports to be a 30 second commercial. Sometimes the actual commercial is between 20-32 seconds. Sometimes the commercial freezes and the counter just gets stuck with 11 seconds left so you have to block it and wait the 90 seconds anyway.

Reply 51 of 125, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it seems to me that ps4 has a good start atm, price, used games, the possibility of hot gamer chicks 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 52 of 125, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I pre-ordered the PS4.

Firstly I think Steve Balmer is losing the plot alienating existing customers and the PS4 quite a bit more powerful with GDDR5 and more shaders on the GPU.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 53 of 125, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

the possibility of hot gamer chicks 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

There is no such thing, and booth babes don't count because they're paid to smile and flirt with computer nerds.

Reply 56 of 125, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote:

Everyone knows there are no real girls in online games, only manginas pretending to be girls so people give them free stuff. 😁

Reply 57 of 125, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote:

haha, couldn't resist:

http://i.imgur.com/vXVjZL3.jpg :-D
[warning: may be semi-NSFW]

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 59 of 125, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I remember seeing a good-looking chick who was featured as one of the good Quake multiplayer, featured in one of the gaming mags. That was long time ago...

Coming back to the topic, I have the same opinion as keropi as above when it comes to Xbox One and PS4.

Ever since Windows 8 and it's so called Metro interface, Microsoft has been stubbornly defiant inspite of consumer complaints. A defiance that can prove devastatingly bad failure.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers