First post, by Guest

User metadata

hi here are my specs problem to follow:

VIA P4 PB 400 mobo
Intel P4 2.4 ghz 533 FSB
768mb PC 2700 ram kingston
Xtasy G4 mx 420 vid card
Win XP Pro SP1

I'm NOT sure what wrappers to use to get the 3 DFX version of EF 2000 v2.0 to work?? I believe I would just use the wWindows version and paste the wrappers into the main folders but I DON"T know for sure.

Has anyone out there that has been able to get it to run with the wrappers if so HOW?????

Reply 4 of 11, by The_Nephilim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Glidos, Will anyone be working on getting EF2000v2.0 Win 95(this is the USA version of EF2000 v2.0) to work with the wrappers, as Im a dummy to this stuff altho I did finally get Red Baron 3-D, wrappers to finally work thnx to "Snover" the Sticky post on RB 2 sound problem, THNX Snover.

I am going to get a 3DFX card but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the Dos version of EF2000 to work on my XP Pro machine?? I would prefer to get the wrappers to work as I feel that would be the easiest way to get it to work.

Looks like I'm going to have to go to the Bone /yard and get the P1 133mhz machine ready 🤣

Reply 5 of 11, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Read:
EF2000 for DOS with 3DFX patch

Especially this:
Re: EF2000 for DOS with 3DFX patch

[EDIT]
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be doing research on this sort of thing. Well, FYI then: EF2000 Graphics+ was compiled and statically linked with glide.lib/glide2x.lib v 2.1. (NOT v2.1.1 or v2.2). Paul MAY need some reverse-engineering help to disassemble statically-linked binaries, so maybe Paul can get help from the DOSBox gang - that is, if Paul is still interested in tackling statically-linked binaries?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 11, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Was static linking the problem with EF2000? I bought v2.0, and I thought I'd done that because it supported voodoo 2. But then I couldn't get the thing to run at all, even as far as trying to use Glidos. Maybe my memory's letting me done here.

Reply 8 of 11, by The_Nephilim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok seems this is not gonna work, time for plab B, I am getting a 3DFX card voodoo 1 I know with the voodoo 2 you need the config file seen here, Is this what I need to put in for the voodoo 1 card??:

SET SST_GRXCLK=90
SET SST_FT_CLK_DEL=0x4
SET SST_TF0_CLK_DEL=0x6
SET SST_TF1_CLK_DEL=0x6
SET SST_VIN_CLKDEL=0x1
SET SST_VOUT_CLKDEL=0x0
SET SST_TMUMEM_SIZE=2
SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=85
SET SSTV2_FASTMEM=1
SET SSTV2_FASTPCIRD=1
SET SSTV2_RGAMMA=1.40
SET SSTV2_GGAMMA=1.40
SET SSTV2_BGAMMA=1.40
SET FX_GLIDE_ALLOC_COLOR=3
SET FX_GLIDE_SWAPINTERVAL=0
ef2000.exe

I'm goint to be using an older machine with a riva TNT 2 card and the voodoo 1 card and soundblaster awe 32. I tried with the XP machine I have know but it had major problems!! 🙁 THNX!!

Reply 9 of 11, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

IIRC, you only need that for the Voodoo2. For the Voodoo1, you need whatever settings are already in the game's batch file, if any - or any settings that are listed in the game's manual or patch's readme regarding Voodoo 1's.

On this other machine, I hope you have Win95 or 98, or even boot into DOS for this one. I didn't think Voodoo1's and XP play nicely, although Voodoo2's might.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 10 of 11, by The_Nephilim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On the older machine I will be runing Win 98, I hope there won't be any problems, but you never know. 😁

I got my old puter back and I am unable to get the sound card configured all passes but the sound and midi. I even installed a SB 16 with AWE 32 daughter card. Why am I not able to get the sound working it gets a spawn error???