VOGONS

Common searches

Just an important heads up

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 61 of 325, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah, great devs, thanks!!!

I have a suggestion though, make the "view new posts" link available in every page and not only on the board index 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 62 of 325, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can't find where to change the "rank" text below my username, where it currently says "Oldbie". We used to be able to change that, I'm 99.9999% sure.

Or maybe we couldn't, and I'm just going senile.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 63 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:

I can't find where to change the "rank" text below my username, where it currently says "Oldbie". We used to be able to change that, I'm 99.9999% sure.

Or maybe we couldn't, and I'm just going senile.

You're not crazy, I noticed the same thing. I used to have a custom title to let people know that I'm a moderator in case they need help with something, but now it's just l33t++

What's really weird is that some of my fellow high-post-count moderators have a title of "Moderator" and some have a title of "l33t++", and I have no idea why: memberlist.php?mode=&sk=d&sd=d#memberlist

On the plus side, I noticed that admins' usernames (Snover, vladr, Harekiet, Glidos and Qbix) now show up in a different color.

Reply 68 of 325, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
leileilol wrote:

I've noticed it to be faster, though I'm too used to the old cramped appearance of the phpBB2 based board. This will take some time getting used to, unless anyone is willing to make a CSS file with the old metrics 😀

It would take more than CSS. A lot of it is hard wired into the template files. While it would be possible to do by editing the templates, it can create more places to break a style during even a minor upgrade. As it is, this is mostly phpBB3 Prosilver with CSS and graphics changes. Only about three or four of the template files have been modified (slightly).

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 70 of 325, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VileRancour wrote:

How about these buttons?
They sort of keep the old style, but fit with the current sizes. Not sure if/which others are needed...

I like them very much. Could you please also make "onMouseOver" buttons? I think inverting gradient would be enough for that. Or do you think we don't need such a thing? 😀

Reply 71 of 325, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The problem I notice is that page numbers are hardly visible, not only it is hard to see what page you are on cause of similar colors, but also it is hard to notice you are not on the last page. You always have to remember to check if there are no more pages in the thread, cause page numbers are small hidden in the corner. I even found myself making a quick reply to the post only to notice after posting that there was another page of posts in the thread. My solution would be to make a large green 'next page' button in place of quick reply. And quick reply should only be available on the last page.
If that is hard to be done, only adding a large green 'next page' button and leaving quick reply as it is.

Reply 74 of 325, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
VileRancour wrote:

How about these buttons?
They sort of keep the old style, but fit with the current sizes. Not sure if/which others are needed...

They seem larger than the ones that are currently there ?
Please contact collector about it.

@robertmo on the page numbers, do you mean the boxes or the text page 1 of 4 ?

@flashback I don't see how it doesn't blend. what did you change ?

@vetz
I'll try to repair it, but it will take a little while.

@dominus, which mail reply are you talking about ?

custom ranks, This was a custom mod on the old board. This board, at first glance, doesn't seem to have the ability to let the user select it themselves.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 75 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
TheMAN wrote:

😮
upgrade! 😁

now there's the "report post" function too, so we can all just click on it and it will email the mods instead of forcing us to post in that spam thread! 😁

As far as I can tell, I don't have visibility into reported posts. I guess those will be handled by admins (Qbix?).

Hopefully the new forum software will be more spam-resistant anyways.

Reply 77 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

look below the link to the user control panel.

I see you've made me a "global moderator", which I wasn't before (now my name is green).

You may want to draft some guidelines on how you want us moderators to use (or not use) these new features.

Reply 78 of 325, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Just don't ban spammers, but do as we used to do before. Erasing an user and their posts is now 1 button in the admin panel. so that became very easy.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 79 of 325, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

Just don't ban spammers, but do as we used to do before. Erasing an user and their posts is now 1 button in the admin panel. so that became very easy.

Should we still put one of their posts in the Trash Can forum, or anything like that?