VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

WHen i use the -size setting it sets it to 0 no matter what i put in it. If i use nothing it sets the drive to 100 megs.

How do i set it to a larger size? Maybe i am missing something.

mount c c:\games -size 1000 is what i am using. I thought maybe it was using bytes(it does not say if the number you need to use it bytes k or megs) and tryed much larger numbers with no effect. Any help is welcom 😀

Reply 1 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Well, I have never used the -size option. Have you tried mounting without it?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 7, by Guest

User metadata

Yes, it works perfect with out it for one minor detail, its way to small for the game i want to install, x-com apoc.

I want to install the full install of it so i can run it with out dosbox. I have no problem runing the game under 2000 just installing it is imposable under 2000.

The readme only says

"-size drivesize
Sets the size of the drive"

it gives no other information as to how it works or how to use it. What info does it want me to give it? Numbers?

2000? 200000000? 2?

Words?

2000kbytes 200000000kbytes? 2gigabytes?

Maybe i am missing something realy simple 😀

Reply 4 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Sorry, I am just as confused as you - but on a slightly higher level:)
This is from the DOSBox ReadMe.txt:

4. To mount a drive with 870 mb free diskspace (rarely needed! experts only):
mount c d:\ -size 4025,127,16513,1700

It looks like the size parameter is some combination of numbers? Disk sectors, tracks, heads, cylinders....???

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

yes it;s a combination. I advice to stick to the combo I thought of to create 800 mb. Should be enough.

The next version will include a more simplistic view of size (specify it in MB 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!