VOGONS

First post, by Egor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm sorry if this is an old topic, I understand very little English and did not find on the forum topic. I was crucial to find a way to print from your emulator. It is very convenient. I have a computer running Windows 7 and I need to set up printing from a program written in foxpro. (Emulating a Windows XP computer will not pull.) Tried several versions with support for LPT, but the program does not find the printer. If you can print, please write in detail how to set up DOSBox. I would be very grateful.

Reply 2 of 7, by diskers

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
If I can advice you try to use a Virtual machine program like VMWare or Oracle VirtualBox both have free versions. Install DOS on it and try to print using Generic drivers on DOS.

Reply 3 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[Thread moved to DOSBox General Section]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 4 of 7, by Egor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

-->diskers
In VirtualBox also does not work. Dos gets up, running, add the ports, but printing does not work. The program does not find the printer. Most likely that is not so configured. The forums have often found that programs written in foxpro often have such problems with printing. But I can not escape and have to look for more possible solutions.

Reply 6 of 7, by Egor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you. I will try on Monday

Reply 7 of 7, by hoserjoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I find that the easiest solution in Win7 is to print to a text file, then retrieve and print with Notepad or something similar.