VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by digitalbeachbum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I saw the thread on Deep Thought and thought I would ask here, because Deep Thought didn't answer my questions.

I tried using DOSBox on Ubuntu and I got a "locked files" error. The program ran but when it tried to access the database it stopped working.
I was able to mount the DOSBox to the local and a network drive with out any errors.
I even tried to copy the database over to the local drive and only mount the local drive, but each time I got a "locked files" error.

I then loaded DOSBox up on to a 64bit Win7 system and got the same error message.

The program I'm running is an old DOS program called Yardi.
It's very simplistic and you can copy folders from any drive or folder to another source and then run the program. No need to install.
You always need to manually enter the database location because it doesn't listen to the network for it.

Any thoughts?

Thx.

Reply 5 of 7, by P4R4D0X

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
digitalbeachbum wrote:

well I'm screwed. Not even windows Virtual PC 2007 will run on Win7 64bit. Geez.

It will... There's a 64bit version of Virtual PC 2007. Latest version should be SP1. I know that works fine on Windows 7. Even Windows 8/8.1 but it needs an updated .dll file. Be sure to check what version you got.

Reply 6 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
digitalbeachbum wrote:

well I'm screwed. Not even windows Virtual PC 2007 will run on Win7 64bit. Geez.

There is XP Mode if the machines in question are are Pro or higher. XP Mode would work more seamlessly than a standalone VM, too.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers