VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 21 of 301, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Iam really missing nothing.. If i dont have it now, then just have patience. And maybe later i will get it..

Never thought to find an second Everex EV-165a memory board again.. And now i bought one..

But only the prices arent any funny anymore.. But we live already in 2014... So it isnt weird thinking why the prices are high at this moment..
But i think i did just the right thing.. First buying / collecting stuff.. Then building every thing. Some people do buy some things, and then building one machine, and then buying again..
Now iam only buying.. But iam already see that i almost over the finish line..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 22 of 301, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If I told you, then I'd probably have to kill you.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 23 of 301, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DonutKing wrote:

An MPU401-AT, but they all seem to be going for exhorbitant prices...

I feel your pain 😢 I think I really missed the boat getting a good deal on an SCC or MPU401-AT.

Look at how much these are going for on eBay right now!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-LAPC-I-Roland- … =item4619dc6674
$600!!! give me a break. Shipping is listed for $500 to my location...ridiculous! 🤣...well I'm sure that the shipping cost is a mistake, but honestly I think some people actually expect to trick people in paying that for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-SCC-1-Roland-M … =item461a07f831
$350... 🤣

Reply 24 of 301, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:

If I told you, then I'd probably have to kill you.

Tell us what you have or what you're missing?

If you tell us what you're missing I'm sure we won't tell anyone 🤣 (outside of Vogons that is)

Reply 25 of 301, by MatureTech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am missing the Sound Blaster 1.0 that I bought new for $30 at Babbage's as a clearance item and then left in a 386DX PC that I gave away. At the time it was worthless since there is nothing the 1.0 would do that the SB16 wouldn't do better (apart from CMS stuff that nobody used). The PC died after 3 months and was junked. Never had an SB Pro.

I don't have a high-end (Tualatin) 440BX motherboard, nor even a particularly good Slot 1 motherboard. Just the common-as-potholes half-gigahertz Gateway and Dell stuff. The worst enemy of the great is the just good enough.

ISA go Bragh™

Reply 27 of 301, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A Compaq SystemPro. Have NEVER seen one for sale EVER.

A BeBox. Always sell high whenever one surfaces and I never have enough money to afford one when they do.

An Apple Network Server. Same reason as the BeBox.

A Nextstation Color. Prices soared right after Steve jobs died along with prices of early Macs and show no sign of coming back down to Earth any time soon.

An Altair. Would be nice to have as a museum piece.

An ALR 6x6 in the original case.You can buy all the pieces to build one by hand with a little effort but then housing it becomes an issue because the cases are impossible to come by.

An original Apple. Not an Apple II, the kind like Woz hand built in Steve Jobs' parent's garage.

Reply 28 of 301, by NJRoadfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still patiently waiting for a reasonably priced Atari ST series machine, preferably a STe. Atari TTs and Falcons have reached the price of ridiculous, so why bother. Otherwise I have completed my "16-bit era" collection with the Apple IIgs and an Amiga (so what if its a 4000, I wanted a Video Toaster too!).

Reply 29 of 301, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PeterLI wrote:

The high shipping price prevents eBay buyer fraud. I usually sell LAPC-Is for $550 shipped to the EU, $525 to CA and $500 in the US. A lot of people also forget that 12.5% is lost to eBay / PayPal fees and that shipping / insurance / signature delivery all cost $. Shipping outside the US thru eBay is a recipe for disaster.

Are you the one listing LAPC's on eBay for those crazy prices? If so, at least you are making them available to sell, but man $500 is a lot.

Reply 31 of 301, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PeterLI wrote:
Since 2013/12 I have sold 2 so far for $625 (with FB-01 & MCB-1) and $550 (bare) respectively. The LAPC-I is the Rolls Royce of […]
Show full quote

Since 2013/12 I have sold 2 so far for $625 (with FB-01 & MCB-1) and $550 (bare) respectively. The LAPC-I is the Rolls Royce of 1980s sound cards

You can see what sound cards have been selling for (SB & Roland) here:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showt … or-Sale-Tracker

$500 is right what the market bears right now. It is a lot to some and a small amount for others. That is just the way it goes. I sold a MT-32 & MPU-IPC-T & S-MPU-AT bundle for $500 yesterday.

Good point, you're right and if people are buying it, why not sell for those prices? Like I mentioned, "at least you are making them available to sell". I saw that bundle you mentioned on eBay I think....I'm glad that people are paying those kind of prices though because it means there may be a glimmer of hope that all my junk may be worth something one day 🤣 .

Reply 32 of 301, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Calvero wrote:
Tetrium wrote:

I don't have any Socket 423 motherboards
I don't have a single Slot A motherboard

But do you have processors for them?

Sorry for the late reply.
I have some uninteresting untested Slot A CPU (550MHz or so?) and a couple nice Socket 423 CPU's in a drawer somewhere.
Funny because after I posted my post, I bid and won 2 s423 boards. The first one I got for only shipping, but it turned out to have 2 bulged caps, so these need to be replaced first (not looking forward to it as I can't solder) and the second board is yet to arrive.

I have all the other parts ready and waiting (even the CPU coolers), I just need the boards 😀

Last edited by Tetrium on 2014-02-03, 13:38. Edited 1 time in total.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 34 of 301, by borgie83

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@PeterLi, I was the one that messaged you a day or two ago regarding the price on the SCC-1. Was trying to work my way up to paying the higher price as I've spent a depressing amount of money on retro hardware in recent times. 5 x MPU-401/AT's!! Can't believe you found that many. I purchased a new in box one a few months back for $300 AU from eBay. Currently in my soon to be completed 486 rig. Just waiting on my SCB-7 to arrive from Germany which I also paid $300 for. Wouldn't mind another MPU-401/AT though...how much you going to be selling them for? PM me if you like 😀

Reply 36 of 301, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well I had a lot but have to recollect after losing the collection in a house fire, mostly mid to late 90s stuff. Still need to get a v5 5500 to replace the one that got cremated.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 37 of 301, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

borgie83 , you payed 300$ for an SCB-7? you really wanted one that badly?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 39 of 301, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PeterLI wrote:

I have tried to find someone to pick them up for me. I guess that with all the unrest in Kiev right now that is an unlikely scenario.

I was contacted by a recruitment agent about a job in Kiev a couple of weeks ago. That's a pretty tough sell I would imagine 😖

The MPU-IPC-T you sold me is doing great service helping me to debug a few SoftMPU issues BTW. I found a replacement backplate to fit it from an old Epson printer port card. I'll probably sell it on again once the next version of SoftMPU is released. Thanks!