VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I managed to install Win95c into Dosbox SVN Daum 0.74.

I made it via the guide here on vogons. Creating Disk Image and Installation process worked. An Issue at the begin of the win setup made me a bit agitaed. It said "theres not enough ram to test hd" I set conf to 6x memsize. So i dont know why this message came up. Anyway, i started setup. Worked.

First Start with Win95 gave me an Error. Windows-Security Error. Please reboot your Computer

My .conf file is attached to this post.

For the audience: It was no problem to start win95 in save-mode. So i think, its a driver issue but i cant find the problematic one.. maybe someone can help me with that. Would be very kind!

Thank u.

I found the clue. I had to deactivate isapnpbios. But Problems still there.. Now i can startup Win95 but the configuration process crashes it. I get a bluescreen. Hm here are the message:
unbenanntsij9p.png

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.conf
    File size
    30.71 KiB
    Downloads
    104 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 7, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for reply.

Ive deactivated the PnP in Save Mode. Pentium is active. Allways it crashes with the bluescreen.

I took Windows 95c in my first installation tries. Today, i tried the Windows 95b. Same BlueScreen. There must be some other mistake i do all the time. It cant be, that my Win95b and C are corrupted. So, what is the issue.. Strange.

If i press "enter" and bluescreen goes i got the Windows 95 Setup Panel. Like in the Picture below. It happens with 95b and C.

unbenanntcduwx.png

Nothing happens there. Freeze. What can be the Problem? Please guys.. there must be someone outa there who can help me.

Ah, maybe its not important, but everytime i finish instllation and i next have to restart, this comes up (but no disk in drive. only C is mounted.

unbenanntq0jp4.png

Attachments

• Filename
    dosbox.conf
    File size
    24.15 KiB
    Downloads
    93 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 7, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Follow the instructions in the "Minimal Windows 95 install" thread, as it is the latest version of instructions and I think the only one that addresses using version C.

That dialog box about the floppy disk can be safely ignored.

Reply 6 of 7, by Fexel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the link but i managed it now with the Thread in the Guide Section Win9x Installation. Really much informations there. It helped me alot. Now i got it with 3dfx, dtools and so..

Thanks for the help guys!

t/c