VOGONS

nGlide vs dgVoodoo

Topic actions

First post, by manic232

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just wondering what this community feel is the current best Glide Wrapper, it seems the two main ones are nGlide & dgVoodoo, what is the consensus as to what one is better? or is there another one that is considered better?

My System: SuperMicro P6SBA Motherboard, Win98SE, PIII 600Mhz, 256MB Ram, Voodoo 5 5500, SB AWE 64 Gold Sound Card, Roland LAPC-I

Reply 6 of 22, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VileRancour wrote:

The one whose author *doesn't* have an ugly racist epithet as his "location" string on forums

eh?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 22, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think he is referring to "Judapest."

Judapest is a nickname for Budapest, the capital of Hungary. It derived from German word Juden, meaning Jews (Juden+Budapest=Judapest). ==History== The nickname was first used by Karl Lueger, an anti-Semitic and Anti-Hungarian mayor of Vienna of the early twentieth century. In 1900, about 20% of Budapest`s total population and 40% of its voters

http://www.encyclo.co.uk/define/Judapest

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 8 of 22, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, but the funny thing is that once I was sawing a local festival advertising the city by that name on the streets on posters in the inner city.
So, I don't think it's so "racist" or anything.
Anyway, I delete it, if it's so disturbing.

Reply 9 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

At a quick glance it seems that the young people of the Budapest jewish community took that word "back" around 2006. For them it's no longer a word coined by an antisemite but a way to show their pride of being part of the jewish community of Budapest. I could be wrong, though, and if you are not part of that community you will always stir up discussions like this 😉

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 22, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, I saw this

Description: Judapest.org is a grass roots *online and offline community* aiming to uncover the relevant, the stimulating and the cool in the Hungarian Jewish Experience.

Reply 11 of 22, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Oh and on topic, I'd say what works best for you abd the game you want to play. Playing U9 through Wine on OSX I found psVoodoo to work best (at least I think so, been a little while since I tried).

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 13 of 22, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

I would use psVoodoo if it supported mipmaps. It's the only wrapper that can work with a efx+sweetfx chain.

FYI, nGlide supports sweetfx currently and just added support for enb series in its development version:
http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic. … hp?p=3596#p3596

... and that's all I know on the subject. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 15 of 22, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I dont' mean SweetFX, I mean EFX+SweetFX, that's different. It's SweetFX ported to EFX (Another but more open D3D9 shader wrapper).

and I certainly don't use it for enhancing the graphics 😜 but it would be better (and preferred) if the glide wrappers had their own multipass postprocess shader system so I don't have to drop all these D3D9s, txts and files in every game folder.

Please understand. *Bows*

BTW FYI there's a more matured GLSL version here. dither > gamma > filter > filter > filter > filter. VGAsignal is unrelated and is supposed to fake the Geforce2 😀

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 17 of 22, by aqrit

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

EFX (Another but more open D3D9 shader wrapper).

First I've heard of EFX...

Crosire wrote:

[ crosire.tk is down ] Yes, server was shut down, so the site dissapeared as well, sorry about that.

Crosire wrote:

I would love to make eFX open source, but I'm scared of people missusing it for bad things. Hooking is such a powerfull thing and giving easy access to the wrong people just makes it worse.

Crosire wrote:

There is no real documentation there yet, I think that would be too early, as stuff still changes quickly. One of the current SweetFX/eFX bundles has a file with all the interesting macros and annotations though, that's a good starting point.

😒

Reply 18 of 22, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That sucks 🙁

then again, running a program with the term 'injector' does sort of draw in the wrong kinds of people pressuring to expose the depth buffer... *COUGH*CHEATERS*COUGH*

apsosig.png
long live PCem