Common searches

D-Fend Reloaded (DOSBox frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 2020 of 2280, by Retro_King

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cosmetic importance!

I'm very glad with the functions and useability of dfend reloaded.
That's exactly what you need to make your own dosgame library!

The ONLY REAL ISSUE I FOUND.... The appeareance!

I use only BLACK Frontends in Windows cause i am sitting on a big Screen TV. and too much white hurts!

I (you) can also NOT see the small Icons on a white background....not really?!

My Suggestions for the Frontend are:

- Black (or another Dark Color) Modern Background or Wallpaper support (i still can see list's better on my C64er)
- Font and Color Support
- Sizeable Icons
- List Customization (Tabs +/-)

Thanks for your good work! Keep on! 🤣

Reply 2022 of 2280, by sev7en

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
paladin5000 wrote:

Hi Alex,
I just tried 1.4.2rc2 - it works perfectly now! Thank You very much for the update and the whole program in general!

Hello paladin,
where can I download the new revision you are speaking above?

Cheers,

Reply 2023 of 2280, by sst

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@sev7en

sev7en wrote:
Hello paladin, where can I download the new revision you are speaking above? […]
Show full quote
paladin5000 wrote:

Hi Alex,
I just tried 1.4.2rc2 - it works perfectly now! Thank You very much for the update and the whole program in general!

Hello paladin,
where can I download the new revision you are speaking above?

Cheers,

http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/BetaDownload.html

Reply 2024 of 2280, by Anonymous MOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Alexander,

I received another message from a user on the Facebook page, he said:

Hi D-Fend Reloaded-Team, i used D-Fend-Reloaded to install and Play "Siedler2", a game from 1996. Now what i normally do to star […]
Show full quote

Hi D-Fend Reloaded-Team,
i used D-Fend-Reloaded to install and Play "Siedler2", a game from 1996.
Now what i normally do to start it, is the following:
I open Dos-Box and insert:

MOUNT A C:\Users\M\Desktop\Spiele\Siedler\Siedler2 –t cdrom

MOUNT C C:\Users\M\Desktop\Spiele\Siedler\Siedlerordner\BLUEBYTE\Siedler2\

C:
start.bat

I removed the game from the cd, so that i dont have to insert it every time. I just tell dos-box now, that it should mount drive "A" - which is not really there - as cd-drive
it works that way.
now that is what i do every time i want to play Siedler2, but i would like to do it easier. I want a profile, so that i can just have an icon which i doubleklick to start the game.
But when i try to make a new profile, i cant use that "trick" with the non-existant cd...
is there any way to use make a profile that uses this trick too?
because i am moving around alot with my laptop and dont wanna carry the cd around all the time with me in case i wanna play that game once...

I am hoping for help, and am already verry grateful!
Greetings,
Mike

I told him he could make an image of the CD with any imaging software, and that DFR had basic imaging capability too.

But he still seems to be hoping for a way to use this method. Is there a way to do it, or should I tell him that imaging the CD is the best way?

Thanks,
Steve

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Windows 11 Home, 64-bit

Reply 2025 of 2280, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ranthalion75 wrote:

MOUNT A C:\Users\M\Desktop\Spiele\Siedler\Siedler2 –t cdrom

First, a CD-ROM drive A: is very unusual. Let him use D: instead.

Klimawandel.

Reply 2026 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Back from holyday...

paladin5000:
Nice to hear its working now.

Retro_King:
I'm using Delphi 2007 and I'm not planning to buy a newer version at the moment. There are some limitations due to the runtime library. You can try to customize the icons (see C:\Program Files (x86)\D-Fend Reloaded\IconSets\IconSets_Readme.txt) and of course change some of the fonts and colors via the setup dialog. If your intended customizations are not possible this way, they also won't be available in the next versions. Sorry.

Ranthalion75:
The mount commands entered manually can be configured via the "Drives" page in the profile editor. Alternatively the mentioned commands can be copied into the "Autoexec.bat" edit field on the "Starting" page of the profile editor.

Reply 2032 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
millansoft wrote:

I tried to add to the frontend the game Bargon Attack with ScummVM and in the game support list it isnt there to select it, how can I add it?

The list of games supported by ScummVM offered in the D-Fend Reloaded profile editor is read directly from ScummVM. If you have updated to a newer version of ScummVM supporting more games you can update the list in D-Fend Reloaded by clicking the updates supported games list button on the External programs -> ScummVM page of the setup dialog.

Reply 2033 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend Reloaded is one of the Sourceforge featured "Projects of the Week" for this week (September 29th to October 5th). See:
http://sourceforge.net/blog/projects-of-the-w … tember-29-2014/

Reply 2034 of 2280, by bloodbat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi! Thanks for the wonderful frontend 😀. I have, however one small question/request: is it possible for the frontend not to ignore whatever I type in the MIDI "Additional settings" box when selecting a MIDI output different from Win32? I have my own DosBox build that includes Fluidsynth support and that patch requires a Soundfont to be loaded, the D-Fend MIDI settings page looks like the attached picture...the end result is as follows...

CONFIG:Loading primary settings from config file C:\Users\Bloodbat\AppData\Local\Temp\DOSBOX.CONF
SYNTH: Specify .SF2 sound font file with config=
MIDI:Can't open device:synth with config:.

If I start my build manually (and change the parameters with config) or start it with a .conf I've done by hand, it does, indeed, work; the .conf file D-Fend Reloaded produces (only MIDI section) is

[midi]
mpu401=intelligent
mididevice=synth
midiconfig=

Attachments

• Filename
    Clipboard-1.png
    File size
    58.18 KiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File comment
    The frontend's MIDI settings page.
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2035 of 2280, by Alexander

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For default DOSBox builds midiconfig= can be set to a number identifying the MIDI device to be used by DOSBox. The names and numbers of the DOSBox MIDI devices can be obtained by typing "mixer /LISTMIDI" on the DOSBox command line. D-Fend Reloaded is trying to mach the string entered in the MIDI config field in the profile editor with one of the DOSBox MIDI device names and then is writing the corresponding number in the midiconfig conf file field.

So entering a path name here won't work. But you can overwrite any settings written by D-Fend Reloaded by adding them to the custom settings box on the DOSBox settings page of the profile editor:

[midi]
midiconfig=d:\midi\soundfonts\sc-55.sf2

will exactly do what you want.

Reply 2037 of 2280, by amix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

when I try to transfer my whole game-library onto a USB stick, I get a lot of errors, because of paths, that are set up absolute and not relative (I have all the manuals and screenshots in My Documents and My Pictures). Is there a way to tell DFR to just ignore these? Either the games, paths or to silently convert them to relatives and export them as that? I tried the "Settings/Service/Convert Absolute Paths to Relative" entry in the settings, but this did not translate the aforementioned paths into relatives. Right now the export stops, I have to deselct the game in question and restart the export. But a few games later it stops again and this goes on, till I have found each game, this way, that has absolute paths and deselcted them.

Thank you.

Reply 2039 of 2280, by viritys

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I was having a bit of trouble with ScummVM within D-FR and now that I figured it out, I'm not sure whether this is ScummVM's or D-FR's problem. Namely, the filters do not work in DF-R - no matter what filter I choose, it stays the annoyingly small 640x480. When I open the game directly from the same ScummVM I've pointed to my D-FR, filters work.
* In ScummVM's own .ini-file, I have "gfx_mode=advmame2x" under both the generic [scummvm] and the specific game and it works.
* Under D-FR's scummvm.ini, gfx_mode is only listed under the [scummvm] and it doesn't work.
So I tested it and true enough, if I go to ScummVM and remove the game-specific filter, therefore removing the game-specific setting, for whatever reason the global rule does not function. I tested it the other way around as well, adding the "gfx_mode=advmame2x" under the custom settings for a game and it works.
So long story short: is it only my scummvm for some reason, or should the .ini generated by df-r add the filter to game-specific settings automatically for it to work? My ScummVM is the latest stable ( 1.7.0).