Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 620 of 1913, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retrofanatic wrote:
I agree!...I played this at a friends house once and there were things about it that made Falcon 3.0 look like yesterdays news. […]
Show full quote

I agree!...I played this at a friends house once and there were things about it that made Falcon 3.0 look like yesterdays news.

4MB ram requirement...wow...this must have been more of a resource hog than I originally thought. I just love these old school flight sims, especially when you have the proper HOTAS controller setup.

What controller do you use to play this?

What do you think of the graphics?

Back in the day i had no choice but to use the keyboard as i didn't have a joystick.

As soon as i embarked on building retro systems i knew i had to get a joystick, so i got i thrustmaster FCS and a WCS. It makes the experience so much better and makes manouvering the F-14 much effectively. The pot on my WCS needs cleaning as it is spiking. Right now i cannot play this stuff since i moved to England and i couldn't bring all my retro stuff with me.

As far as graphicsthis game is 1994, they introduced some texture mapping tecghnique that looks nice, but unfortunately this game doesn't do any higher than VGA resolution. With the machines we can buil now it would be easy to run this game in 640x480 and still be fluid. This would help remove most of the pixelated feel of the game. The game recommends a 486DX-33, originally i played it in a 386DX-40. But his robs too much out of the experience. You shouldn't use anything lower than a 486DX2-66 for this game.

This is one of those games in which i would love to put my hands on the source code, although i would be screwed if most of the game was written in assembly.

Reply 622 of 1913, by AlucarD86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Congrats on those Warcraft boxed games 😁 man this was all the way back when Blizzard didnt suck ! Nowadays we have poses like Cataclysm and Diablo 3 🙁 but Warcraft II, Diablo II and StarCraft those used to be the quality times <3

PC Setup: Mainboard ASUS CUBX | CPU Intel Pentium III-S Tualatin 1.4 GHz | Memory 780 MB SDRam | Soundcard Creative SB Audigy SB0160 | GPUs Nvidia FX5900 Ulta Matrox M3D PCI | HDD 2x40 GB WD/Seagate | OS Win98SE and WinXPSP1 in dual boot

Reply 623 of 1913, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

some games I picked up in the last 2 weeks

IMG_20140924_163129641_zps7a296e3e.jpg

Wheel of Time seems to be pretty rare, as its the first complete version Ive seen on Ebay UK for months (at least locally, I could import, but that costs alot more obviously)

Reply 624 of 1913, by AlucarD86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

wow pretty decent stuff you got there 😁 Man NEVER import 🙁 I am also hunting down GBA games and they are so much cheaper in the USA and canada but importing them almost doubles their price, a fine example is Final Fantasy VI gba it goes for over 100 Euro here in europe easily, I was glad I kinda got it for like 70 Euro and that was still overpriced as hell... it is an excellent game but wow I dunno why the prices for Retro SNES/GBA games skyrocketed in the past 2 years 😖 As a kid I used to have Mega Man X1-3 on the SNES and I just gave them away to friends later on for nothing, nowadays they are all over 100 Euro on ebay XDDDD

PC Setup: Mainboard ASUS CUBX | CPU Intel Pentium III-S Tualatin 1.4 GHz | Memory 780 MB SDRam | Soundcard Creative SB Audigy SB0160 | GPUs Nvidia FX5900 Ulta Matrox M3D PCI | HDD 2x40 GB WD/Seagate | OS Win98SE and WinXPSP1 in dual boot

Reply 626 of 1913, by Liqu1d82

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Bought at € 2.50 at a flea market - complete and in excellent condition:

10598675_902365126444775_1425599039_n.jpg

sig.gif
Without change something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.
http://liqu1d82.tumblr.com [My Tumblr] // https://twitter.com/Liqu1d82 [My Twitter]

Reply 627 of 1913, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AlucarD86 wrote:

wow pretty decent stuff you got there 😁 Man NEVER import 🙁 I am also hunting down GBA games and they are so much cheaper in the USA and canada but importing them almost doubles their price, a fine example is Final Fantasy VI gba it goes for over 100 Euro here in europe easily, I was glad I kinda got it for like 70 Euro and that was still overpriced as hell... it is an excellent game but wow I dunno why the prices for Retro SNES/GBA games skyrocketed in the past 2 years 😖 As a kid I used to have Mega Man X1-3 on the SNES and I just gave them away to friends later on for nothing, nowadays they are all over 100 Euro on ebay XDDDD

it depends on where you import things from , and what kind of deal it is. Importing from Japan or the US is generally worse than Europe.

Reply 628 of 1913, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've imported precious few Japanese games. It's a bit easier than going from PAL to NTSC, in any case.

I just keep kicking myself, because I got evac'd from Japan before I had the chance to buy a few NTSC-J consoles. Now to get a Japanese PS1 or something would be much more costly.

Reply 630 of 1913, by Blurredman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

$_57.JPG

Finally. Just trying to claw back all the big boxes I used to have as a kid before they all disapeared without a trace over the years.. It's cost me alot to get back what I used to have, and in some cases, already do.

http://blurredmanswebsite.ddns.net/ 😊

Reply 632 of 1913, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got Stonekeep for 2.50 if I remember correctly, seems to be complete as it has the manual and the 128 page novella that comes with the game

IMG_20140926_202935675_zpsd8fa1b41.jpg

box has a few creases but overall Id say its in decent shape.

Reply 633 of 1913, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Darkman wrote:

Got Stonekeep for 2.50 if I remember correctly, seems to be complete as it has the manual and the 128 page novella that comes with the game

That's a huge score for only 2.50! Congrats...I love Stonekeep...been a while since I've played it.

Reply 634 of 1913, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Love the books and the first Gateway (game), so thought I'd give # 2 a go. Love this big box and the fact that it's a CD-ROM. It wasn't listed as NOS but it seems unused:

DSCN0839_zps2e045246.jpg

DSCN0841_zps819dd339.jpg

DSCN0845_zps729b4d2e.jpg

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 635 of 1913, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Darkman wrote:
Got Stonekeep for 2.50 if I remember correctly, seems to be complete as it has the manual and the 128 page novella that comes wi […]
Show full quote

IMG_20140926_202935675_zpsd8fa1b41.jpg

what a great game, congrats 😀

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 636 of 1913, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote:

Love the books and the first Gateway (game), so thought I'd give # 2 a go. Love this big box and the fact that it's a CD-ROM. It wasn't listed as NOS but it seems unused:

Nice! Enjoy the game. You have a MT-32 as well 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel