Reply 40 of 88, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

That is the latest

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 42 of 88, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

In my signature is the very latest up to date Dosbox SVN snapshot for OS X.-

Ykhwong's latest Daum Dosbox SVN snapshot is from January.
My snapshot is plain Dosbox, while Ykhwong adds several patches to it. Since he is MIA his snapshot is out of date and especially the dosbox-x stuff he added is kind of broken compared to actual code...

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 43 of 88, by sev7en

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

In my signature is the very latest up to date Dosbox SVN snapshot for OS X.-

Ykhwong's latest Daum Dosbox SVN snapshot is from January.
My snapshot is plain Dosbox, while Ykhwong adds several patches to it. Since he is MIA his snapshot is out of date and especially the dosbox-x stuff he added is kind of broken compared to actual code...

Dear Dominus,
thanks for your explaination, why he doesn't update his wonderful release? I would like to use the most advanced to support the MT-32 and the Gravis Audio... I have also a Thrustmaster GPX pad but it isn't to easy to setup.

Reply 44 of 88, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Huh? You can use both Mt32 and Gravis with actual Dosbox. If you mean the emulated mt32 then the January build is good enough or even better use Munt directly with actual Dosbox to enjoy the latest Mt32 emulation with Dosbox.
He's MIA, so we don't know why 😉

Reply 45 of 88, by sev7en

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Huh? You can use both Mt32 and Gravis with actual Dosbox. If you mean the emulated mt32 then the January build is good enough or even better use Munt directly with actual Dosbox to enjoy the latest Mt32 emulation with Dosbox.
He's MIA, so we don't know why 😉

Thanks I will try the 64bit edition.

Reply 46 of 88, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sev7en wrote:

where can I download the latest builds compiled for Windows for DOSBox SVN Daum?
the last build I found is January.

It is.

Klimawandel.

Reply 47 of 88, by Gui55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SedrynTyros wrote:

Does anyone know whether or not ykhwong intends to continue development of DOSBox SVN Daum? I'm really missing his updated builds. DOSBox-X in particular has come along way in the past six months but it doesn't have some of the features I rely on, such as the Direct3D plugin. Daum had it all, though. It's really the best unofficial build out there right now that I know of.

I'm with you there! I asked ykhwong in a PM about it and he said he is busy at work these days. He offered to take a look at some of the new DOSBox-X enhancements, but didn't have the time to handle all of it, at least for now. So I don't know, but maybe hopefully we can still look forward to a release in the long run. 😉

IE 5.5 SP2

Reply 50 of 88, by Silanda

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Am I being stupid or is there a problem with using imgmount for isos in the new version? Mounting through the GUI works fine but mounting through autoexec seems to cause crashes for a lot of images I'm using.

EDIT: Correction. It only seems to allow me to use one CD drive. The last drive letter works, the others crash.

Reply 52 of 88, by AnnaWu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

http://ykhwong.x-y.net/
Jan. 25. 2015 update

Is the setting: machine=pcjr working?
If I try the machine setting I get a crash.

ROM BIOS range: 0xe0000-0xFFFFF
ROM BIOS range, final: 0xe0000-0xFFFFF
E_Exit: Unable to map ROM region as ROM
Exit to error: Unable to map ROM region as ROM

PS: No problems with the older release (Jan.27.2014)

Anna's Playground for QMC2
Official MESS Forum

Reply 53 of 88, by SedrynTyros

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Both January Daum releases appear to have a problem with OpenGL scaling as well. The horizontal resolution gets truncated somehow so the image looks squished-in or like it's stretched vertically.

Reply 54 of 88, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
AnnaWu wrote:
http://ykhwong.x-y.net/ Jan. 25. 2015 update […]
Show full quote

http://ykhwong.x-y.net/
Jan. 25. 2015 update

Is the setting: machine=pcjr working?
If I try the machine setting I get a crash.

Confirmed, same here.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 55 of 88, by AnnaWu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the confirmation, VileRancour!
I guess the reason is:

3. UPDATE: DOSBox-X branch patch (TheGreatCodeholio, 5ec6c54341d148d5e2fda49944f9ed6793538ff8 Jan/22/2015)

The same problem exist with the DOSBox-X branch too.

Official MESS Forum

Reply 56 of 88, by TheGreatCodeholio

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I fixed the machine=pcjr issue as of Feb 2015. It was a mistake in ROM BIOS layout allocation.

DOSBox-X project: more emulation better accuracy.
DOSLIB and DOSLIB2: Learn how to tinker and hack hardware and software from DOS.

Reply 57 of 88, by AnnaWu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TheGreatCodeholio wrote:

I fixed the machine=pcjr issue as of Feb 2015. It was a mistake in ROM BIOS layout allocation.

Very nice! Thanks for the fix, TheGreatCodeholio : )

Official MESS Forum

Reply 58 of 88, by Jarvik7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone still have the opt.7z from the official site?
Despite what the changelog says, DosBox Daum OSX is still dynamically linked and needs those library files to start. I compiled some of them myself but I'm having trouble getting a few to make 32bit/universal binaries.

Reply 59 of 88, by Darklord42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The problem isn't that they are dynamically linked, it's that they are dynamically linked to his macports install. Either he should statically link them, or he should use a command line utility like dylibbundler (available on macports) to scan the binary after compiling, copy the libraries to a folder of his choice, and relink evreything to each other with @executable_path/dir/dosbox or something.