Common searches

RB3D continued

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 146, by VonHelton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Glidos wrote:

I've just uploaded another version of OpenGLide. SunGlare (and getting shot) should be okay now without too much of a hit on frame rate.

Hey this should be my last bit of lone OpenGliding. I don't know if everybody has twigged, but Stiletto has located OpenGLide's daddy. Suddenly, OpenGLide has a bright future.

Excellent news, G-man!

😁

I'll let the troops know!

😀

Reply 24 of 146, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That was to Paul.

CVS = Concurrent Version System (what most developers use to ensure the code is always current and not conflicting with others' changes). I didn't see the changes Paul had made in the CVS at SourceForge so I reminded him that he needed to commit them. I'm not sure WHY I'd need to, but maybe I did. (Maybe I still do. Paul, your changes aren't in the CVS! What's going on?)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 25 of 146, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would not say bright, as you fixed most of the bugs... 😀
I say that together and with support we (everyone that wants) can work on something nice.
I not only thanks everyone (RB3D and TR guys) but I invite everyone that wants to help doing a great wrapper.
Good luck for us all.... 😁

Fabio Barros

Reply 26 of 146, by VonHelton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GoldFinger wrote:
I would not say bright, as you fixed most of the bugs... :) I say that together and with support we (everyone that wants) can wo […]
Show full quote

I would not say bright, as you fixed most of the bugs... 😀
I say that together and with support we (everyone that wants) can work on something nice.
I not only thanks everyone (RB3D and TR guys) but I invite everyone that wants to help doing a great wrapper.
Good luck for us all.... 😁

Fabio Barros

Hooters, guns & biplanes..........There's a connection there somewhere, I'm sure of it!

😁

Reply 27 of 146, by Sir Alesi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All

I get a few E-mails cause on My Pics...

Weeks ago i found a Topic of Big Mountains in "alsace-Terrain" ,,and the "Hohneck" there is really Great.
..i searched for real Pics of that Mountain.it really looks like the real 1.

Then J99 Helmet told me about the Mountains in "italy.zip".. the Italian-swiss...also a real Terrain. Very nice,..
Problem was there are no Dromes to Start ,,most are set on Mountain-sides. No chance to Start Plane.
So Helmet and me Overthought how to get a Caterpillar 😉
We found then the Original Editor,and after 2 days we get it run.
but instead of flatten Dromes , we build our own "Alpine-Island" 😀

im Hosting a dedicated Server here .. its called "Spielplatz... Island1.1"
Server is not allways open. mostly between 17.00 and 24.00 German Time.
Your Welcome if you want to fly there around with us .
Password is : "sandkasten"

only thing you need is our modified"island"-Terrain file..
...its called "baron4.ted"

Download

simply overwrite the Original 1 ..The File is found in ../sierra/redbaron/data/

thats all 😀

Important: make copy first of original Baron4.ted,, to change back, for flying in other Island-Servers.
its found too on CD.

Serversettings changing sometimes.. Winter ,, Spring and so
Days are 30 min long...
You can start Solo in too.. but then you will miss the Sunrising 😉

Greetings Thomas

.. my little gift for the Community and all who worked on The "Wrapper".

vogel2.gif cu...in THE SKY

Reply 28 of 146, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just an (obligatory) note about replacing that TED file:

BE SURE YOU BACK UP THE ONE THAT COMES WITH RED BARON 3D OR YOU RISK NEEDING TO REINSTALL IT!! (And reinstalling programs can be a major pain in the arse sometimes.)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 29 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I broke mipmapping a bit in the version I uploaded yesterday. It is fine for Red Baron, but if you see white where there should be a texture in other games, try disabling mipmapping.

Its something to do with generating mipmaps for paletted textures. OpenGL doesn't seem to know how to do that, so I did my own version, but that has problems with non-square textures. I guess all the textures in RB are square (well the non-square ones are gathered together to form square ones).

Reply 31 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That way of putting it is a bit misleading. They are all rectangular, but some are also square. That was why I said the non-square ones have problems. If I had said the rectangular ones, then anybody taking that literally would have to infer that all textures had problems.

Okay I'm being a little pedantic.

Reply 32 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Although I've obviously been messing with RB a lot, I haven't really got into it because I don't have a joystick. Think I might get one. Any advice?

Aswell as RB, I want to be able to fly helicopter sims, and RC helicopter sims, specifically RC Stunt Copter using ePSXe. Maybe I need something I can plug peddles into. Or maybe I want two joysticks (RC stuff is often controlled with two two-axis sticks).

Thought I'd ask in this thread, because there must be a lot of RBers subscribed.

Reply 33 of 146, by VonHelton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

CH Products is a company that has 2 joysticks & rudder peddals.

For single joystick, Saitech.......I think you need rudder peddals for this one.

......or M$ Sidewinder "twisty" stick (rudder is on the Sidewinder itself........No need for peddals.)

😁

Reply 34 of 146, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just bought a PS-PC controller converter with Dual Shock support (since most stuff I use a controller for are console emulation). Then I realised it didn't work with a PS2 controller, and had to run out and get a PS1 Dual Shock controller. C'est la vie.
It's not perfect, but it works pretty well. If you can find one of those OLD Sidewinders, I hear they're the best joysticks out there.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 35 of 146, by WilliVonBill

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep, I have an old MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro that I love!
😁

Works great on my old Win98 pc, but doesn't do well on my new box under WinXP. 🙁

For my WinXP box I'm using a Thrustmaster Top Gun Fox 2 Pro and I'm pretty happy with it.

Its actually pretty easy to get used to using a 'twisty' stick for rudder control. Should be a bit more affordable than rudder pedals as well.

Reply 36 of 146, by VonHelton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Snover wrote:

I just bought a PS-PC controller converter with Dual Shock support (since most stuff I use a controller for are console emulation). Then I realised it didn't work with a PS2 controller, and had to run out and get a PS1 Dual Shock controller. C'est la vie.
It's not perfect, but it works pretty well. If you can find one of those OLD Sidewinders, I hear they're the best joysticks out there.

I have a "Joystick Graveyard"..........Just about every make & model you can think of, even some CH joysticks.

My Sidewinder PP joystick continues to work, and it is quite old. It works in all Windows versions, even XP, if you use the USB adaptor.

😁

Reply 37 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for advice. I'll take a look at CH Products: I think I'd like the option of pedals at least sometimes.

So you say twisty grip for rudder works well. Thought it might, although I was suspicious of having 3-axis in one hand. So both the sidewinder and the fox pro have that, yes?

The PS-PC convertor would have been ideal, but the dual analog sticks on PS controllers aren't accurate enough for RC Stunt Copter. I've tried it on a real PS and it's pretty hopeless - almost digital. I was told it was a hardware limitation of the PS, which also restricts ePSXe, so maybe there is no solution for RC Stunt Copter. Not sure how much truth there is in that; I know NegCons seem okay.

Could the sidwinder or fox pro be used with peddles? I know the HOTAS Cougar can have peddles plugged into, but $270? I think that's probably not the one for me.

Reply 38 of 146, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Usually petals have a passthrough cable. At least, my old shitty steering wheel that, the last time I used it, decided to have a dead zone about half-a-turn right, did. I think it was CH.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 39 of 146, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The passthrough would have been ont of those 15pin conectors though, wouldn't it. I'm wondering whether USB means that now you can just connect up any number of things. I guess there might be trouble with competing versions of control-mapping software.

The CH Products pedals: they say racing or airplane mode. I wonder if that is a physical alteration so that in airplane mode pressing one pedal makes the other rise. Not going to be very realistic otherwise. In a helicopter, you tend to rest your foot on one pedal and do most of the control with the other... although maybe that means I could just map one pedal.

I don't know. Twisty grip sounds good for now, as long as it doesn't rule out adding pedals later.