First post, by VirtuaIceMan
The game won't install from PC, as it says the version of Windows isn't supported by DirectX (or something), and no compatibility modes get around it! So, do the following (no Registry mods needed FYI):
1. Copy CD-ROM contents to folder on PC.
2. Copy setup.exe from Is5Launcher.zip (from here: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10988) to the folder.
3. Run the new version of setup.exe to install.
4. Install the D3D version, as the textures are a lot higher resolution than 3Dfx.
5. Run the game. If framerate is jerkier than you expect, and you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, to restore smooth framerate, use the methods found here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php? … 77&post=1202630
6. For some reason, the sound may be silent when you launch the D3D version. To fix this, go into the in-game Options, then Sound, and raise the volume of the CD audio, it'll fix normal sound volume too. You have to do this every time. The 3Dfx version doesn't have this issue!
My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor