VOGONS

First post, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How's it going!

I finally got my wife the Quest for Glory Anthology and I am Using VDMSounds 2.1.0 to run it but DOSBox does a good job too!
(Im lazy though and my wife hates dos so I dont think she wants to have to go through mounting drives and stuff!)lol

However the games are still glitchy, mainly 4. I do know that there were quite a few patches in this series that fixed alot of major bugs in the games. If anyone knows where to get them please post them here.

Thanks!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-07-23, 11:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

http://www.questformoreglory.com/

But I think most bugs aren't present if you run it inside dosbox.
just create a sensible dosbox.conf for your wife and then she won't even notice it's running in dosbox.

(examples -this can all be done in the configuration file)
enable fullscreen
set cpu cycles right
mount drive
change dir
start game
exit
)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 5, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks Much Qbix! 😀 Im going to try it out here soon! And I got to say that for any Quest for Glory fan you MUST check out his link! WOW, what an awesome site, I guess legends never die! Most Awesome! Patches for the whole Series, Strats., & Way, Way More!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

Last edited by Waxxxz018 on 2004-07-25, 02:30. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 4 of 5, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for yor contribution Collector! She was getting the #52 error code in the swamp and the cd patch for C.F.G.4 & that takes care of that pesky critter! Thanks man! Just to note this patch applies to the #47 error also. There are fixes for QFG 1 & 3 here also!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 5 of 5, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Re: Quest for Glory Patches!!! Anyone Know Where or if they exist anymore!!!

To bring another cool site with most of the downloads from both sites above & other cool QFG odds & ends. The most noteable patch of all I think is the Convert QFG5 Compatible to XP!!! As I run it as my OS, or maybe you too! 😀

A Heros Quest for Glory

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---