•• WANTED: ROLAND SCP-55 ••
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Reply 101 of 301, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VooDooMan wrote:

- ATI 3D Rage 1 (USA) - is this card that "rare" or collectors just do not care about it?

I suppose it is not really sought after because Rage II (c, +, DVD, whatever) based cards should be able to run anything the Rage I does, only faster.
And it is probably just difficult to find one among the huge pile of Rage II/Pro cards (which are obviously much more common, don't know how many Rage I cards have sold).
See here for an example, is this what you are referring to?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161543554153

Reply 102 of 301, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vmunix wrote:
Artex wrote:
dank0 wrote:

Media Vision PAS 16

These seem like they are a dime a dozen. The original 8-bit version though... that's tougher (and a lot more $$$!).

Really ? I haven't seen PAS 16 really cheap, at least on ePay .

It's not hard to buy yourself a PAS16 for $25-30 plus shipping.

Look, someone got Pro AudioSpectrum Plus for $12. PAS Plus is a very rare card. Perhaps, not so hunted as original PAS due to architectural differences: PAS Plus is, from gamer's point of view, same as PAS16, while PAS has dual OPL2 setup.

Here's an early version of PAS16 still for sale.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 103 of 301, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

- Boxed Sound Blaster 2.0 (CT1350B) Value
- Boxed Matrox Millennium

I can cross these 2 off my list, still looking for a boxed Pro Audio Spectrum 16 though.

Something else I'd like but have rarely seen is one of those 'multimedia kits' that used to be all the rage. I.e the bundles that came with a soundcard, CD-ROM, and a hand full of crappy CD's - usually the Microsoft 'home' collection (dangerous creatures, etc).

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 105 of 301, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bristlehog wrote:

Look, someone got Pro AudioSpectrum Plus for $12. PAS Plus is a very rare card. Perhaps, not so hunted as original PAS due to architectural differences: PAS Plus is, from gamer's point of view, same as PAS16, while PAS has dual OPL2 setup.

Not only that but for people who use ATX PSU's with V2.x spec without -5V rail the PAS Plus is along with some very other few PAS cards that don't need -5V rail.

I have a PAS Plus and it doesn't lose anything regarding sound quality vs PAS 16. I have a Pro Audio Studio XL now and a Pro Audio Studio 16 back in Portugal, and the only advantage the XL has over my PAS Plus card is a wavetable connector.

Reply 106 of 301, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My collection is oriented towards everything I've touched/used/owned before the 00's. So far I've managed to gather all of them except a single pc that, as always happens, is the one I want the most: I used to own and love a Hyundai 8088, but they seem to be sooooo difficult to find. Even pictures of them are rare, eg
yjGWAaX.gif

Reply 107 of 301, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vmunix wrote:
Artex wrote:
dank0 wrote:

Media Vision PAS 16

These seem like they are a dime a dozen. The original 8-bit version though... that's tougher (and a lot more $$$!).

Really ? I haven't seen PAS 16 really cheap, at least on ePay .

I got one there for $17 less than a year ago.

Reply 108 of 301, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Some years ago it was fairly ease to buy a TBeach ISA sound card now they have disappeared, I know that because my collection is not complete. 😢

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 109 of 301, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vmunix wrote:
sliderider wrote:

Some years ago it was fairly ease to buy a TBeach ISA sound card now they have disappeared, I know that because my collection is not complete. 😢

I know. I'm searching for a Tahiti, myself. I got some driver floppies for it in a bulk lot of computer cards and software a while back. Haven't seen one for sale since then, though.

Reply 110 of 301, by sprcorreia

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

I know. I'm searching for a Tahiti, myself. I got some driver floppies for it in a bulk lot of computer cards and software a while back. Haven't seen one for sale since then, though.

They are not that hard to spot... I sold a Monterey (Tahiti + Rio) and a bare Tahiti in the last 2 months. Also sold two Pinnacle Project Studio with Homac.
You can see the thread if you follow the link in my signature.

Reply 111 of 301, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sprcorreia wrote:
sliderider wrote:

They are not that hard to spot... I sold a Monterey (Tahiti + Rio) and a bare Tahiti in the last 2 months. Also sold two Pinnacle Project Studio with Homac.
You can see the thread if you follow the link in my signature.

Well, but that depends on where you live, I was considering buying one of you boxed Monterey's but the adding shiping costs for such a box the total is not cheap at all.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 112 of 301, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually I'm a Big Box games collector (mainly FPP) still acceptable for this thread?

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 114 of 301, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

hell, why not

All right then!
Are you ready Vogons for my tiny bunch of old school 3D games?
This is almost all of my collection, mainly FPP/FPS Big Box games.
Some of them are new still sealed, sadly some of them are heavily damaged too.
The last statment will need further restoration or eventual replacements.
Many titles are missing which I will listed below.
Here's a quick preview:

d1ci3By.jpg?2
MIy97OX.jpg?2
ofiyBP1.jpg?2
XzXbgHa.jpg?2

Please visit here to see them in better quality (lack of good camera anyway)
http://imgur.com/d1ci3By&MIy97OX&XzXbgHa&ofiyBP1#0

Here we have a list of multimedia products I'm still looking for:
*non-alphabetical order

-Heretic serpent of shadow riders
-Pył 1998 (polish game, big box release, extremly rare)
-Target 1997 (polish game too)
-No one lives forever
-Project I.G.I.: I'm Going In
-Kiss psycho circus
-Hidden and dangerous
-Diablo hellfire
-System shock 1994
-Doom
-Heretic 1
-Heretic 2
-Blood
-Blood2
-Turok dinosaur hunter
-Deus ex
-Redneck rampage
-Shadow warrior
-Medal of honour
-Call of duty
-Thief 2
-Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
-Return to Castle Wolfenstein
-The suffering
-Arx Fatalis
-Severance blade of darkness
-Asghan
-Jedi Knight
-Star Wars - Dark Forces
-Hexen II Mission Pack Portal of Praevus
-Rune

I have to avoid any trade-off sugestions as thread says:
VOGONS is no marketplace!
If you have any title of the list just PM or point to the Amibay etc, hope that legal post.
Many thanks for watching, please comment and I hope you like it!

Godlike!

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 115 of 301, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very interesting thread.
It's fun to see that we don't all pursue the same items, and that the same item can be very important for someone, and have average value for someone else.

Here's my most-wanted list :
(hard mode)
- MT-32 (new model)
- Pro Audio Spectrum 8-bits
- Any soundcard of the ARIA chipset Got a Prometheus.
- Reveal FX-32 Got an FX16 today.
- Boxed CT1330 (Sound Blaster Pro 1) Aldready found a card, then found a box separately.

(impossible mode)
- Boxed AdLib 1.0 (the original box design) Got the original box design with a 1990 card inside!
- Covox Sound Master and Sound Master Plus
- Original Innovation SSI-2001 (though, I'm VERY happy with the replica's quality!)

(nightmare mode)
- Creative Killer Card (Sound Blaster prototype), or at least, good high-resolution and well-lit pictures of it. DonutKing got me his pictures.

Last edited by Beegle on 2017-08-06, 03:38. Edited 1 time in total.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 116 of 301, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I stopped collecting retro hardware and sold it all as I prefer using emulation on current systems. Still missing the following old games;

Prince of Persia (I never see this on ebay)
Another World
Flashblack (bought this on ebay twice in last couple of years and both times the discs no longer worked)
Hook
Loom (CD-ROM, have EGA floppy)
Need for Speed (have 2-5)
RTCW (sealed non-GOTY edition)

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 117 of 301, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A working 486... I have given up. Over 25 CPU's of various speeds but not a single motherboard in 5 years.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 118 of 301, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Iris030380 wrote:

A working 486... I have given up. Over 25 CPU's of various speeds but not a single motherboard in 5 years.

That's grim, where have you been looking?

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 119 of 301, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Locally, such as the classifieds and a charity shop sorting warehouse which is near me. Have a friend who owns a computer shop and many customers sometimes leave their old machines with him, which is where I got most of CPU's but sadly no motherboard. Also car boot sales. Found some great old 1.44" games at those. But no 486's.

I have seen one or two on eBay which were in working condition, whole machines. They usually go for £120+ though.

Got a Pentium 75 but it's just not the same on the older stuff. Running is still broken in AITD on that pentium 75, and I get the "intiger divide by zero" error running many older games.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66