Common searches

DOSBox Game Launcher (DOSBox Frontend)

Topic actions

Reply 1122 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah, DBGL gets confused by the spaces inside your folder name. Try renaming the folder to 'RT', and then replace the autoexec section from the DBGL config file to:

[autoexec]
imgmount C "RT\w95.img" -t hdd -fs fat
@REM PRE-LAUNCH
imgmount D "RT\RCTYCOON.iso" -t cdrom -ide 2m
@REM /PRE-LAUNCH
boot "RT\w95.img" -l C
exit

Reply 1125 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the quick fix, but I was just going to ask you for more stuff... could you make DBGL stop warning about possible incomplete profiles *if* the mounting information is missing *but* there are specified custom commands using "boot", "mount" or "imgmount"?

And also allow DBGL to save & export a profile with blank mounting options *if* there are specified custom commands using "boot", "mount" or "imgmount".

EDIT: You could also disable those safeguards in the [autoexec] part of the CONF file isn't empty.

EDIT 2: The boot instruction seems to work OK now, but I'm still having issues with the ISO mounting... unless I manually add the instruction to the [autoexec] section of the CONF file, Windows 95 cannot find the image.

To make things worse, everytime I edit the profile DBGL re-writes the problematic values back.

EDIT 3: I'm afraid I'm still having issues booting disk images from folders with spaces... unless I'm doing something wrong on my side.

XHRvt5d.png

Reply 1126 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Neville wrote:

... could you make DBGL stop warning about possible incomplete profiles *if* the mounting information is missing *but* there are specified custom commands using "boot", "mount" or "imgmount"? ... To make things worse, everytime I edit the profile DBGL re-writes the problematic values back.

DBGL will show this message if it can't understand what you're trying to do. That's the reason that it will most likely mess up your autoexec section after saving this unusual [autoexec], again. Thus, I think you will want to see this message, so that you are at least aware that DBGL has some trouble parsing the conf.

EDIT 2: The boot instruction seems to work OK now, but I'm still having issues with the ISO mounting... unless I manually add the instruction to the [autoexec] section of the CONF file, Windows 95 cannot find the image.
EDIT 3: I'm afraid I'm still having issues booting disk images from folders with spaces... unless I'm doing something wrong on my side.

Please make sure you add any non-standard mounting commands like the one with -m2 into the custom commands section. I will need more details if you'd want me to find the cause of your other mounting issues (please PM).

regards,
Ronald

Reply 1127 of 1968, by RetroFAN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just decided to clean a little my too big collection (>4000 games) and with the excuse of the new notebook with Windows 8.1 64 bit I've started... BUT with a lot of games now DBGL crashes (exits without notice) as soon as i click on the interface.

This is the only error I can catch:

-- cut --
Launching DBGL using 32-Bit VM 1.8.0_31 on Windows 8.1 v6.3x86, HSQL Database En
gine 1.8.1.3, SWT v4427win32
Startup
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.dbgl.swtdesigner.SWTImageManager.getImage(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.swtdesigner.SWTImageManager.getResizedImage(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.gui.MainWindow.displayScreenshots(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.gui.MainWindow.displayProfileInformation(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.gui.MainWindow.access$300(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.gui.MainWindow$55.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.gui.MainWindow.open(Unknown Source)
at org.dbgl.gui.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
-- cut --

ps
do you need my database.script ?

Reply 1128 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I've just released DBGL version 0.79. The latest changes:

* prevent hard crash when saving thumbs from websource while the captures directory does not exist (RetroFAN)
* opening profile links to files and folders using SWT's Program.launch() as implemented in patch by Jan Larres
* altered Windows .cmd scripts to properly require JRE1.7+
* updated SWT to 4.4.2

If you're updating your existing DBGL installation, please don't forget to update all jar files in your DBGL/lib folder!

Enjoy,
Ronald

Reply 1130 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the heads-up RetroFAN, you're right. I'll try to provide a fix soon.

EDIT:

Fixed the MobyGames imagegrabber in this new test build 0.79a, along with some other minor changes:

* Allow for choosing the DOSBox version in the wizard when installing a game from source media
* Fixed weird error message issue in DBGL game wizard when using CD cue+bin images located in dosroot folder or below
* Fixed scrolling position in CD Image file lister

All the latest files
To upgrade, grab the dbgl.jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 1131 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

Here's another update (0.79b) with a fix to obtain full-size Mobygames cover-art instead of just small thumbs (Joe)

All the latest files
To upgrade, grab the dbgl.jar as usual.

Regards,
Ronald

Reply 1132 of 1968, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think I found a bug... create a new profile, and when navigating through the folders to find the program, choose a folder, press the mouse RIGHT button, as if you wanted to rename the folder. DBGL will exit quietly and create a log file.

Tested under Windows 7 x64, can append log file if needed.

Reply 1135 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, that looks like either a JVM issue, or a SWT problem. Please try updating Java to the latest release (8u45) and use the latest SWT libraries (the /lib/swt*.jar files in your DBGL installation). The current SWT release is 4.430, you can find the one you're currently using in DBGL's 'About' dialog.

Reply 1137 of 1968, by gbbbs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

i try to mount more than one .Ima image for installation, but it dosnt work.
One image work Perfectly. any idea ?

for me DBGL is the best dosbox frontend! but i there a chance to make DBGL for HTPC Ready ? like steam Big picture mode ? that would be great !

Reply 1138 of 1968, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gbbbs wrote:

i try to mount more than one .Ima image for installation, but it dosnt work.
One image work Perfectly. any idea ?

Hi gbbbs,

You'll need to use a DOSBox svn build (or for example the build from ykhwong) for that, as mounting multiple floppy images was not yet available in the 0.74 release.