VOGONS

The Terminator (1990)

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used a program. It still shows the screen but I just select whatever and the game accepts it. Try the FAQ at Home of the Underdogs for what programs to use.

Last edited by SKARDAVNELNATE on 2009-01-04, 23:27. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 21 of 28, by callishka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I couldn't get terminator to work on dosbox last year, and I don't think it was supported then. I had to go buy an old computer, and it worked pretty well, except that I couldn't shoot anyone! The crosshairs would shake rapidly and shooting was fruitless... the enemy just wouldn't get hit. I hope if I can get it running on dosbox now, that problem will be gone...

Crap--the game.exe file does nothing, and wd's patched file seems to work, but when I hit "G" to start a new game, i get a programming error number 25, gahhh!!

Edit: Tried again and it works! Yay!!!

Last edited by callishka on 2007-04-03, 20:57. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 22 of 28, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Now, where is that reporting link... Ahh here . http://www.theesa.com/piracy/index.php

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 23 of 28, by callishka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oops! Alright, I'll remove it. But the irony, of course, is that you cannot get the game from Bethesda. Before I found a copy of it, I emailed Bethesda, and then finally called them. I told them I'm sitting there willingly waving money at them, but they had nothing to give me. I'm not making any money off the game, and Bethesda certainly isn't losing any, so I'm not exactly sure what I have to be afraid of.

Anyway, sorry.

Reply 24 of 28, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
callishka wrote:

Oops! Alright, I'll remove it. But the irony, of course, is that you cannot get the game from Bethesda. Before I found a copy of it, I emailed Bethesda, and then finally called them. I told them I'm sitting there willingly waving money at them, but they had nothing to give me. I'm not making any money off the game, and Bethesda certainly isn't losing any, so I'm not exactly sure what I have to be afraid of.

Anyway, sorry.

I contacted them a few years ago regarding this game as well and got a speedy reply saying that since Terminator was a license which they lost several years ago, they were no longer allowed to sell the old games.

That said, I managed to get hold of it on eBay for a mere $10. A bargain considering how rare this game is!

Reply 25 of 28, by andrew2k9

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have a question if someone could help me. I bought "The Terminator 1990 Bethesda" game online through ebay. I have a bit of an issue. I can get the game to work, but the music during the title screen or the opening (terminator montage) is silent. Only during "in game" does the sound work. By the way, I'm running the game through Dosbox. If someone could help I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much! 😀