Genius Peripherals

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Snayperskaya

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Logistics wrote:
Snayperskaya wrote:

I had about half dozen mice from then and saw a keyboard once. Good mice but they fail in 2-3 years. I have some 10+ years old mices (MX300 and MX500) that still perform great. As the old says go, you get what you pay for.

I suppose that depends on how much you use them as well. When one of the micro-switches on my Logitech Wingman Gamer mouse, finally wore out and began having troubles fuctioning, I simply found replacement switches on Digi-Key, but this time I used soft-click switches (because at the time I was living with family and it was obvious to anyone who woke up in the middle of the night that I was still clicking away on my PC during the wee hours) and replaced all of them. It brought the mouse back to life and was easier to click with quieter clicking.

I don't know if I'd attribute this to the mouse being cheap; look at those Apple mice with the tiny scroll-ball in the center--that stupid thing constantly gets too dirty and doesn't scroll in a given or all given directions. What do they expect people to do? Wash their hands before they use the mouse, each time? 🤣

Problem is all of them stopped tracking. I think I've even tried to resolder the cable portion that makes into inside the mouse but to no avail. 🙁

Reply 21 of 24, by Evert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
AidanExamineer wrote:
DracoNihil wrote:

And no, I have never seen this company before.

You are not the only one. I just browsed through their products. They look good, but have no features I am interested in. Do they make any mechanical keyboards? The visual design of their gaming keyboards are writing checks the apparent quality and design can not cash.

When it comes to mechanical keyboards I'd just stick to using either Das Keyboard or UniComp keyboards.

sigpic2689_1.gif

Reply 23 of 24, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi there. Does anyone have the Genius Win95 Driver-Disk for the LCmouse (serial) from 1991.
Seems that Win95b does not have the driver for the mouse.

Thx!

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 24 of 24, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Had Genius mouse once. Okay mouse wedge back in the day that only one of many mice that worked on the odd-ball PC Zenith called that thing the "Eazy PC".

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.