Well I am still waiting for heatsinks to arrive from china. I got a couple to try and they have the two-pin fan connector for the video cards. The 380 XGL does not have the fan control circuit populated on the PCB. It appears to be a FET, a diode, a few capacitors and one or two resistors and of course the two pins for the fan connector. I plan to reverse engineer what parts are used as soon as I get my hands on a similar card with the parts populated. Unfortunately I tossed out a FX5200 that was having problems without thinking about it. Hopefully I will be done within a month. I will have a parts list and pictures. I absolutely love this card for a DirectX 7 build. The main reason, besides its specs, is you know what you are getting with this card. You don't have to worry about it being gimped in some way or it being a low quality build. I also plan to just go ahead and replace the caps just because.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am only concerned with resolutions up to 1280x1024, if you want to go higher than that then you may want a GeForce4 Ti 4x00 series card. Quake3 at 1280x1024, 32-bit, Antrioscopic and AA on produced over 40-FPS if i remember correctly. Good enough for me since I will likely never use Antrioscopic and AA in real gaming and of course without it the framerate goes up. I have yet to see anything that didn't play very smoothly at 1280x1024 with this card.
EDIT2: Good DOS support, cheap, available and I guess its only real downside is it won't increase your gaming skills 😉 I am also not nostalgic about this card, so modding it doesn't hurt my feelings.
Gateway 2000 Case and 200-Watt PSU
Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 450 CPU
Micron 384MB SDRAM (3x128)
Compaq Voodoo3 3500 TV Graphics Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Western Digital 7200-RPM, 8MB-Cache, 160GB Hard Drive
Windows 98 SE