VOGONS

First post, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When powering off the computer, the PS/2 mouse and keyboard doesn't turn off. I have not found any place in BIOS for this feature. Motherboard is AB-BM6. Is there anything that could be done except removing the power cable?

Reply 1 of 6, by leonardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You probably have a feature called 'power up by keyboard' or something similar in there. It enables you to start the computer by pressing a specific key or key combo without having to reach the power button on the case. Turn that off and your keyboard should power down as well...

[Install Win95 like you were born in 1985!] on systems like this or this.

Reply 2 of 6, by Sammy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Or maybe there is a jumper for that on the Mainboard.

Reply 3 of 6, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

See if the motherboard has a set of two jumpers near the PS/2 jacks. They control if the power to the keyboard and mouse come from the 5V or 5VSB line.

Reply 4 of 6, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some boards have jumpers, but I am not sure this one does. According to the manual, there is a setting in the BIOS --> Integrated Peripherals, called "Power On Function" which allows waking up the system by keyboard/mouse.

Perhaps setting it to "Button Only" will allow the mouse/keyboard to power off, but maybe not.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys

Reply 5 of 6, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

"Button Only" option doesn't seem to affect and there are no jumpers for this. But otherwise this computer seems to work very well.

Reply 6 of 6, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Then I guess you are stuck with it. It seems that the board always takes the PS/2 power from +5V standby. But as long as it does not cause any wakeups you don't want, it's a non-issue.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys