Downloading now.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 101, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There was something I was meant to be doing this month, something important...

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 101, by ahendricks18

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

my bro is getting the XBONE+Fallout 4 bundle for Xmas. Me, I probably will get some upgrades for my gaming pc. Maybe then I'll get fallout 4.

Main: AMD FX 6300 six core 3.5ghz (OC 4ghz)
16gb DDR3, Nvidia Geforce GT740 4gb Gfx card, running Win7 Ultimate x64
Linux: AMD Athlon 64 4000+, 1.5GB DDR, Nvidia Quadro FX1700 running Debian Jessie 8.4.0

Reply 5 of 101, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ahendricks18 wrote:

my bro is getting the XBONE+Fallout 4 bundle for Xmas. Me, I probably will get some upgrades for my gaming pc. Maybe then I'll get fallout 4.

You need a gpu upgrade for sure from your system specs, but I would advise overclocking your current cpu and seeing how it does before putting down any money on a cpu upgrade 😀

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 6 of 101, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ODwilly wrote:
ahendricks18 wrote:

You need a gpu upgrade for sure from your system specs, but I would advise overclocking your current cpu and seeing how it does before putting down any money on a cpu upgrade 😀

Yeah, somehow a GT610 in a "gaming" PC doesn't seem like it would deliver the best framerates even with everything turned off and on a low resolution monitor. 🤣

Reply 8 of 101, by Ariakos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I pre-ordered Fallout 4 from local shop but due to travelling on 10th I can grab it before 12th. Early adopters will get 2 days head start on me that I can't ever reach. Feels bad, man.

Reply 10 of 101, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Did anyone else pre-order the lifetime DLC downloads for the extra $30?

I did. I'm relatively certain they will release 3 packs at $10 each. I see it as getting three $10 "gifts" later down the road.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 11 of 101, by Soupdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am going to buy this but I am first going to read/watch some reviews, wait for a decent pc port report/tweak guide and nvidia game ready drivers to be released.

I don't see the hurry there aren't pre-order bonuses (I don't want to support that rubbish anyway), its not like this is an mmo or multi player game where being there day 1 has advantages. If I wait a couple of days after release I remove any risk of disappointment and have a better experience.

Steam | World of Warcraft

Reply 12 of 101, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ariakos wrote:

I pre-ordered Fallout 4 from local shop but due to travelling on 10th I can grab it before 12th. Early adopters will get 2 days head start on me that I can't ever reach. Feels bad, man.

Why pre-order? Did you get a limited edition? Do you expect the game will be hard to find?

sliderider wrote:

Did anyone else pre-order the lifetime DLC downloads for the extra $30?

I'll wait for them to release a complete edition. Then wait for that go on sale for 60% off.

Reply 13 of 101, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've been telling myself "badmojo, you don't have time for this now, wait until it's patched and cheap", but this thread pushed me over the edge and I bought it yesterday. I had to use a local dealer for the first time in a long time because Steam is inexplicably charging we Aussies ~113 buckeroos, which is an outrage.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 14 of 101, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am preparing to dedicate a week of my life to this game .....downloading now.

fallout4.JPG
Filename
fallout4.JPG
File size
33.86 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by rgart on 2015-11-08, 04:21. Edited 1 time in total.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=

Reply 16 of 101, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

Why pre-order?

You pre-order to avoid server congestion on the day the game goes live. You'll have the game already downloaded to your computer and will only be waiting for Steam to send the game authorization to run in order to play on the first day.

Reply 17 of 101, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Again why pre-order?

Every Bethesda game has been a bug ridden mess for as long as I've had experience with. I can already see it now "Fallout 4 Unofficial Patch". And I bet they're still using the bug ridden mess of their iteration of the Gamebryo engine, and most likely still don't compile a properly optimized binary. I still despise Bethesda for lying about Skyrim running on a "in-house engine". It's nothing more than a modified gamebryo engine...

I'm not confident at all FO4 will be a decent game... I'd rather stick with Fallout 2 or Wasteland.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 18 of 101, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't recall having any major early game killer bugs in Oblivion, Fallout 3 or Skyrim. Yeah they had to fix lots of things but the games were actually pretty solid.

Morrowind and their DOS games are another story though.

Reply 19 of 101, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've had Oblivion crash with classic page fault errors numerous times. I also had moments where entire swaths of terrain would just inexplicable vanish leaving massive voids in the world. This was without mods even.

FO3 I had this joyful bug where distant LOD models would not unload no matter how close I get to the area in question, making navigation a nightmare.

Even with the unofficial patch mods and script extender stuff, it's always a gamble if the game's going to behave itself for me.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων