VOGONS

CVS update on sourceforge

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Got a message from Sourceforge admin. They intend to do the update tomorrow.

Reply 3 of 18, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Already updated the sources removing unused files, debug code and did a major clean-up and layout organizing.
Download it and see if it helps in any way... 😀
Paul, I disabled the vertex snapping on the current release but we must put it back in some way.

Reply 4 of 18, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GoldFinger wrote:

Already updated the sources removing unused files, debug code and did a major clean-up and layout organizing.

It does look much much better. It does mean we have a boundary in CVS now across which we can't get sensible diffs, but it is well worth it.

Download it and see if it helps in any way... 😀
Paul, I disabled the vertex snapping on the current release

Yeh, saw you'd done that, and the flashing green has gone again.

but we must put it back in some way.

What is it supposed to do? If I understood, I might be able to help. I though it was like a snap to grid type thing that you might get in a drawing program, but if so I don't understand what is there.

Reply 5 of 18, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

...which reminds me - I don't have Visual Studio installed at the moment, so if you'd like me to test stuff in an unofficial release, you'll have to compile it for lamers like me. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 6 of 18, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Damn Stiletto,
You are always asking for difficult things... 😀
Paul, do you think you can do a package release with the DLL compiled with the .ini file and everything?
We need to do that in some regular way, so others can test our releases... 😀

Reply 7 of 18, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GoldFinger wrote:
Damn Stiletto, You are always asking for difficult things... :) Paul, do you think you can do a package release with the DLL com […]
Show full quote

Damn Stiletto,
You are always asking for difficult things... 😀
Paul, do you think you can do a package release with the DLL compiled with the .ini file and everything?
We need to do that in some regular way, so others can test our releases... 😀

Yes, but probably not 'til tomorrow. I wondered about releasing all the versions I've tagged in the repository between your initial one and the latest, in case along the way I've fixed something and then broken it again. But I think probably just the latest is best.

If we do a release, I probably should tag the repository at its current state, and update the version string (not in that order 😀 ).
Any thoughts on what version we should call it? 007, maybe?
Actually that seems very appropriate for the return of "GoldFinger" to the project. 😀

Reply 10 of 18, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
GoldFinger wrote:

007 and the return of GoldFinger

Aieeeeeeee!!!

mmnet_6faaebfc5bbc.jpeg

Look out!
9455_0060.jpg

It's GoldFinger!
http://us.imdb.com/PGallery?Fr%F6be,+Gert&source=mptv

hehehe...

Stiletto

Reply 12 of 18, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No, it's just something I read about:
Here: showthread.php?s=&threadid=359&highlight=window

And here:showthread.php?s=&postid=3835&highlight=window#post3835

Stiletto

Reply 13 of 18, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh yes, I remember. Long Bow 2 doesn't work, and I thought it might be because I stripped out the code that creates a new window.

But I have a copy here with Fabio's code for window creation reinstated, and I've been trying to get Hind working, but no luck.

Fabio, can you remember why you needed the window creation code?

I think Hind has been written assuming a fedd-through card, so it feels free to do Glide commands while leaving the main display in a full screen DirectDraw mode. That's just a guess though.

Reply 15 of 18, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have uploaded the OpenSource Glide I had at home to the following link:
http://ps2pe.ngemu.com/Glide_source.zip
I am almost sure that it is the same of that SF link, but you may want to download it and take a look, there are good stuff there.

Paul, I was browsing SF yesterday and got the same problem, no problem... 😀
Well, I don't remember exactly why the window creation it was needed, but I can figure it out how to do it without a window ( I did not look at the code yet ), how is it being done?

Reply 16 of 18, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GoldFinger wrote:

Well, I don't remember exactly why the window creation it was needed, but I can figure it out how to do it without a window ( I did not look at the code yet ), how is it being done?

Well grSstWinOpen has either a window handle or NULL passed into it. If it is NULL you call GetActive Window, to pick up one of the window owned by the game. So you definitely have a window at that stage.

Then if the create-window options is enabled in the INI file, you create a new window as a child of the first, and you set up the WinProc to pass some messages from the child to its parent, with some strange conditions I don't understand.

My guess was that sometimes the window that is passed in isn't suitable for OpenGL, so you create a new one. The WinProc has to pass messages because otherwise the new window you open will block keyboard and mouse messages from getting to the game.

I've put some of this back in (although not commited it) so that I could experiment with Hind, but it doesn't seem to help. Hind causes lots of "invalid operation" errors from OpenGL calls. IHind seems to be assuming a video-feed-through type card, so it may be leaving what it thinks is the 2D-support card in a nasty full-screen DirectDraw mode, and that might be inhibiting OpenGL. I don't know; just guessing really. I do get a similar problems with full-screen DOS modes in Glidos, but I don't think the solution I use there will help us here.