VOGONS

Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 821 of 1915, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ahhhh... Really wish I hadn't thrown away all the mid-late 90's game boxes due to space constraints 🙁 These are the new arrivals 😎

2ezi52a.jpg

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 823 of 1915, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't know if digital counts, but I've been buying a ton of games on GOG recently. I seem to do that whenever they have one of their sale promotions.
Among other things, I bought Fallout 1/2/Tactics and all the TES games they have (Redguard, Battlespire, Morrowind). I already have the physical CD of Morrowind, but it only increased the cost by about $4 and I won't have to use or rely on the CD anymore.
Not sure what I'll do with Redguard - I want to play that on native hardware, but I'm pretty sure the gog installer won't allow that. I didn't really think it through at the time.
Also bought Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2. I remember being interested in DK1 when it came out, but I never actually played any of them.
I thought about Bard's Tale, but the interface puts me off. I don't really want to play a top down Zelda style game with a mouse.

Reply 824 of 1915, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Another bundle, including the world's smallest Lemmings box. Legend is an Amiga copy but the manuals are the same as the PC. I had both X-Wing and Dark Forces already, but not boxed.

dAxno7Pl.jpg
DHJlDxTl.jpg
M47PBHWl.jpg
S3E7OPhl.jpg
5fkvVgrl.jpg

Reply 825 of 1915, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Lemming? Your be going crazy soon. You eyes will become bloodshot first, then your hair will fallout, then you will scream/yell allot, then you start to bang on your desk and pc. Then your head will be covered in bruise from banging it on your desk/pc. And that if you lucky.
good luck in rehab. 😵

Reply 826 of 1915, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got these for 12€ a pop. Difficult to find any classic with affordable prices these days. 😢

Attachments

• games.jpg
    Filename
    games.jpg
    File size
    158.42 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 827 of 1915, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Especially chuffed with Flashback! Loved that game back in the day. The Amiga version is the best really.
Had to pay more than I usually would for WC2. Seems to be a Blizzard tax in action.

fQ3lmS7l.jpg
wT7vIkgl.jpg
EKJRUCel.jpg

Reply 828 of 1915, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bjt wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/wT7vIkgl.jpg […]
Show full quote

wT7vIkgl.jpg

That Strike Commander (the one with the jet) reminds me, years ago I found a similar package. It contained floppies (I think both 5.25 and 3.5 ones?) but I never tried them out. I'm not sure they are not corrupted by now as I had this package for ages.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 830 of 1915, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjt wrote:

TBH at this point in the game if the floppies work it's a nice bonus, but it's not essential. Having the manual etc is more important.

Yep, I'm in the same boat. Floppy/CD images are pretty easy to come by on the interwebs if the media doesn't work, but having the box and manual is important to me.

Nice pickups by the way! They look like they're in excellent condition.

Reply 831 of 1915, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote:
Especially chuffed with Flashback! Loved that game back in the day. The Amiga version is the best really. Had to pay more than I […]
Show full quote

Especially chuffed with Flashback! Loved that game back in the day. The Amiga version is the best really.
Had to pay more than I usually would for WC2. Seems to be a Blizzard tax in action.

fQ3lmS7l.jpg

Very nice score of Flashback! I wasn't able to find it in its box for PC, so have settled for the Mac version instead. Had the same problem with B.A.S.S, have the Amiga big box, and PC CD inside.

Have also picked up some games myself in the past fortnight 😀

2zehvnr.jpg

qrg328.jpg

Reply 832 of 1915, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JidaiGeki wrote:

Have also picked up some games myself in the past fortnight 😀

Fantastic finds! I'd love to have a copy of Stunts and SimCity, had no luck at all so far.

Reply 833 of 1915, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In the last month I've managed to pick up a few more boxed games. Expanded my Settlers and Starcraft collections!

UcPa36b.jpg

- The Settlers IV
- The Settlers IV - The Trojans and the Elixir of Power Expansion
- Mechwarrior 3
- Wing Commander Privateer
- Theme Park
- Starcraft Insurrection Expansion

I was absolutely aghast when that French copy of Insurrection came up BIN in my eBay feed! I snapped it up within 5 minutes of it going up. 😈 By the time postage from France was paid, it wasn't cheap... but given it's the first boxed copy I've seen anywhere since I started collecting, and it's fantastic condition, I had to grab it.

What that now means is - my Starcraft collection is complete! 😊 I picked up most of the books as well, I think I'm only missing two novels (Ghost Spectres and Frontline). Here's my collection in all it's glory:

QfICSPW.jpg

And finally, because it's Star Wars weekend, I thought I'd set out all of my Star Wars PC games for a photo:

qi5FX6w.jpg

Reply 836 of 1915, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My charity shop haul, at £1.99 a piece...
Command & Conquer - the first decade (I think I have most of the originals, but with this being a release tweaked for XP, I thought it stood more chance of running satisfactorily on something later.
Age of Empires 3 (Microsoft)
Complete Battlefield Collection (EA)

Reply 838 of 1915, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That AoE box looks to be in good shape... for some reason I rarely see many AoE 1 and 2 boxes that aren't trashed! No idea why it's that series in particular.