VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I ordered this old book from ebay. There should have been a floppy disk included with this book, but because this is a second hand book, the floppy disk was missing. Do anyone here know where to get the files on the disk:

DTPE10.ZIP
DTPV20.ZIP
-READ.ME
ALICEFRG.ZIP
RESTOOLS.ZIP
SOURCE.ZIP
PKUNZIP.EXE

zxuxpf.jpg

Reply 2 of 7, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Fissuras wrote:

I have a hardcover edition of this book but the floppy did not survive... I've dumped it ages ago

I actually found some days ago a translated copy of this book in the local library and it had the floppy disk included, so I made a copy of the disk contents.

Reply 3 of 7, by Errius

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is the curse of old computing books. I always tell the seller (usually Amazon) NOT to send the book if the floppy/CD is missing but they always send it anyway...

Is this too much voodoo?

Reply 4 of 7, by Fissuras

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can you please upload the files somewhere? At least those not available like ALICEFRG.ZIP, RESTOOLS.ZIP and SOURCE.ZIP?
I had just purchased another copy of the book just to get those files so that they can be somehow preserved. Now I may try to cancel it and save a few bucks (if its not too late).

Reply 6 of 7, by Fissuras

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Source.zip is the source code of the book's examples, Alice is the source and data files of the game "Alice in Technoland" that is developed ant the end og the book. Restools I do not remember, but probably is a program/source to set many VGA resolutions. the others are Desktop Paint for 256 and 16 colors.