VOGONS

First post, by elf316

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all and thank you in advance to anyone who posts replies to this.

#1 I have Champions of Krynn loaded onto my hdd, I run dosbox and mount the drive and the floppy. I try to create a character and it keps telling to insert a disk to save it to. I read somewhere that I should just modify the CFG file of Krynn, but it's blank.

#2 I also have Menzoberranzan and it loads and installs correctly, but after I run it and complete the sound config, I run the Menzo executable and it comes back telling me that's it's "Unable to open resource file"

and lastly: I loaded up on Pool of Radiance (from Home of the Underdogs) and everything's fine until it tells me to check the Code Wheel. Nothing I write in is correct. I've checked numerous sites and double-checked the code words, still nothing is good.

Thank you !!!

Reply 1 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

#1 - Did you use the SEARCH feature of the forum?

#2 - Did you use the SEARCH feature of the forum?

#3 - You need the code wheel that came with the game (or a crack). Cracks are illegal and are not endorsed here, you know. 😈

Reply 2 of 9, by elf316

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for double post... Did not pay attention :-p

#1 & #2 yep, nothing I saw there was able to help me

#3 Have the wheel or a downloaded version of it. I also tried that java website that allows you to click the runes and you get teh proper word... no go either.

Reply 3 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OK. Are you sure your Menzoberranzan installation is correct? I have played (and finished) it under Windows XP. I think I used VDMSound, though, but it worked under DOSBox too (for me).

Please, keep us posted on how it goes.

PS - I think I have Champions of Krynn lying somewhere (not sure, though). I will test it and post back.

Reply 4 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

should work. It has been tested lately as it had a saving bug.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 5 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

OK. For Champions of Krynn, i went to the game directory (on your hard disk) and type in: SUBST A: . - This way you will assign the current directory as drive A: - The game now allow me to create characters, add them to party and even save and load games, but as soon as i press BEGING ADVENTURING, i get kick off to DOSBox shell. I am still testing. 😎

Reply 6 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

#1 - learn to search:
Pool of Radiance ("Put Save Disk In" ??)
Need help with D&d Goldbox games, can get them to run but no save!!!

If you have bad KRYNN.CFG, delete it and start the game (it will be recreated)

#2 - no idea what you are doing wrong -probably also bad path somewhere

#3 - I used only cracked version so I do not know.

Mirek

Reply 7 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have somehow merged my Champions of Krynn version I had (1.0) with the one from the Underdogs (1.2) and managed to get it to work under DOSBox. What a crappy programming.

Reply 8 of 9, by Sulimo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The code word is SIRJOE
Always