VOGONS

LAPC-I or CM-32L?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by NooNaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Phil - I think I'm going crazy. Yes, just basically need an audio switcher, that's it. For some reason I was dead-set on thinking I needed a MIDI IN, MIDI OUT type of a switcher. Clearly, I don't.

This is what I'm running with now:

tW3pOQYl.jpg

I currently have the output from my AWE32 into the MIDI Splitter, then out to the MIDI devices, then to the mixer.

EDIT - Phil, one more follow up question...when you mentioned mixing MIDI, SB and CD Audio, what did you mean by CD Audio? Are you somehow taking the CD audio out/away from the SB and converting to RCAs?

The Rolls MA254 looks interesting...too bad I pulled the trigger on the MiniMix too quickly. Anyone interested in it if I replace?

Reply 21 of 24, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Because you got this fancy MIDI splitter, you just turn on whatever unit you want and set the audio switch 😀

With CD-Audio, I made myself a super fancy rear bracket CD Audio output. I drew two holes in a rear bracket, mounted to RCA plugs and wired one of these CD to sound card cables up. That allows me to mix and balance CD Audio on the fly. And mute it when I don't need it because it does pick small amounts of noise.

Alternatively, use CD-ROM drive with a headphone port and use that.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 22 of 24, by NooNaN

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Interesting solution for the CD audio - maybe something I'll look into at some point.

I'm really considering going with the 4-1 Rolls mixer instead of adding another piece of (seem only cheap available) hardware. If anyone would like the MiniMix II, which has been awesome, please PM me. I'd be willing to let it go for under the going rate just to move it if I go with the other.

Reply 23 of 24, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does the Edirol version of the cm-32l have additional connections vis a vis the Roland version?

Honestly, I think it takes a CLK on pin 3 of the input.

More generically, is our shift from "lapc-1" to "lapc-I" based on a shift from an ISA card with one brand name to another? Like, is there an Edirol branded equivalent to the LAPC-I?

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 24 of 24, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What other cm modules will do in stead of a cm-32l? The ones that combine sound canvas sounds.

I have fished online and found the cm-500 supposedly combines an mt-32 and SC-55. This is what I was thinking of.

Daniel L Newhouse