Mouse copy/paste support (Windows)

Here you can discuss the development of patches.

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-1-06 @ 03:09

Zaqu75 wrote:Now my DosBox is able to run...

collector wrote:
Zaqu75 wrote:Thank you, Wengier, for your great job, but when I try to open the exe it gets an error which says "MSVCP140.dll is missing". Why is this issue happening and how can I fix it?

Do you even try to add MSVCP140.dll to the folder with this build of DOSBox?


Zaqu75:

Thanks for your post. Yes, you are right about this. I have re-uploaded the Windows binary package, which now also includes the changes in the latest SVN (r3955) in addition to the inclusion of DLL files MSVCP140.dll and vcruntime140.dll. The download link for the Windows binary package remains the same: https://bitly.com/12jANWF

EDIT: For the purpose of better compatibility, the Windows binary is now compiled using Visual Studio 2005 instead of Visual Studio 2015, and the required files MSVCP80.dll and MSVCR80.dll are now included instead of MSVCP140.dll and vcruntime140.dll. In addition to more recent versions of Windows such as Windows Vista and Windows 10, it has been tested to work on earlier versions of Windows such as Windows 98 and Windows 2000. The alternative Windows binary compiled with MinGW is also available from: http://bit.ly/1laDvGX
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Willie... » 2016-1-25 @ 16:56

(Original post was off-topic, so I've deleted it. My apologies.)
Last edited by Willie... on 2016-1-25 @ 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Willie...
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2016-1-20 @ 14:28

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Dominus » 2016-1-25 @ 17:30

Willie, I understand that you want your problem solved but please stay on topic (copy/paste) and don't post your problem in every Dosbox patch thread...
User avatar
Dominus
DOSBox Moderator
 
Posts: 7561
Joined: 2002-10-03 @ 09:54
Location: Vienna or Ludwigsburg

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Willie... » 2016-1-25 @ 18:02

Disregard... I think I found a solution! With some clever use of loops in a BAT file, I can make the program drop to DOS at midnight, where the looping batch re-launches it, thus re-syncing the system clock.

I will leave it running for a few days this way, and see how well it holds up. :)
Willie...
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2016-1-20 @ 14:28

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Willie... » 2016-1-25 @ 18:03

Dominus wrote:Willie, I understand that you want your problem solved but please stay on topic (copy/paste) and don't post your problem in every Dosbox patch thread...


I believe I only posted in two threads? If I crossed the line, I apologize.
Willie...
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 2016-1-20 @ 14:28

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-2-12 @ 19:14

I have updated the Windows binaries to match the latest DOSBox SVN version (r3972). This enhanced DOSBox SVN build is now known as DOSBox SVN-lfn, which features mouse copy/paste, automatic drive mounting and DBCS support in addition to LFN support. The download links remain the same.
Last edited by Wengier on 2016-3-27 @ 15:52, edited 5 times in total.
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby emendelson » 2016-2-12 @ 19:35

For information about a brief support and information page on Wengier's patched version, see this post in another thread:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=40610&start=60#p477491
emendelson
Oldbie
 
Posts: 737
Joined: 2010-2-14 @ 02:00

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-5-04 @ 14:32

Just to let other users know that both the source code and Windows binaries have been updated to match the latest DOSBox SVN r3981, and the file 256keys.com has been replaced by keybuf.com in the Windows binary package to support larger keyboard buffer size (now 1024 by default, but it is easily expandable). The download link for the Windows binary remains the same (i.e. http://bit.ly/12jANWF for the Visual Studio build and http://bit.ly/1laDvGX for the MinGW build).
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby laajt » 2016-5-04 @ 23:38

Hey. Can u post a link for a source code files for the svn r3981?
I'm in a big need to build own version with some modifications in bios.cpp.

Ok I found it here:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=40610
Sorry to bother you!

Can I compile the r3981 version with your changes the way it is described in the link below:
https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/BuildingDOSBox
or are there needed additional libraries?

Thanks in advance!
laajt
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 2016-5-04 @ 23:26

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-5-05 @ 14:34

laajt wrote:Hey. Can u post a link for a source code files for the svn r3981?
I'm in a big need to build own version with some modifications in bios.cpp.

Ok I found it here:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=40610
Sorry to bother you!

Can I compile the r3981 version with your changes the way it is described in the link below:
https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/BuildingDOSBox
or are there needed additional libraries?

Thanks in advance!


If you want to build your own copy using MinGW under Windows, I don't think you need any additional libraries except those mentioned in that page. But if you want to enable mouse copy/paste support (by setting C_CLIPBOARD=1 in config.h) in a non-Windows platform, you will need also the pdcurses library. The pdcurses library is not needed for Windows unless you set *both* C_CLIPBOARD=1 and C_WIN32CLIP=0 in config.h.
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby laajt » 2016-5-05 @ 15:04

If you want to build your own copy using MinGW under Windows, I don't think you need any additional libraries except those mentioned in that page. But if you want to enable mouse copy/paste support (by setting C_CLIPBOARD=1 in config.h) in a non-Windows platform, you will need also the pdcurses library. The pdcurses library is not needed for Windows unless you set *both* C_CLIPBOARD=1 and C_WIN32CLIP=0 in config.h.


Thank You for the explanation. This information is crucial for me!
laajt
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 2016-5-04 @ 23:26

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby laajt » 2016-5-05 @ 22:15

I can't get it working.. Guess I'm doing something wrong.

- unpack sources of dosbox-code-0-3981
- unpack your source changes and overwrite it over original db code
- change c_clipboard to 0 and c_win32clip to 1 (not using pdcurses)
- ./autogen.sh
- ./configure --enable-core-inline LDFLAGS="-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -s" LIBS="-lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg"
- make.

And in the dosbox.conf set clipboardmodifier=none.
laajt
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 2016-5-04 @ 23:26

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-5-05 @ 23:04

laajt wrote:I can't get it working.. Guess I'm doing something wrong.

- unpack sources of dosbox-code-0-3981
- unpack your source changes and overwrite it over original db code
- change c_clipboard to 0 and c_win32clip to 1 (not using pdcurses)
- ./autogen.sh
- ./configure --enable-core-inline LDFLAGS="-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -s" LIBS="-lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg"
- make.

And in the dosbox.conf set clipboardmodifier=none.


What operating system are you using, and what error message(s) have you seen when you did above? If you are using Windows and want to enable mouse copy/paste support but without using pdcurses, you can just leave both c_clipboard and c_win32clip to 1 in config.txt. I just tried your steps in my MinGW installation under Windows, and everything works fine. You need to mention the actual error message(s) you have seen during compilation in order for me to see what problem you are experiencing.
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby laajt » 2016-5-06 @ 16:57

I'm using Windows 7 Profesional x64 and MinGw with MSYS.
Links to the config.log, configure and make outputs.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49802959473679183207
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=44683756783135714961
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00784522553988655605
Could You please have a look on this?
laajt
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 2016-5-04 @ 23:26

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-5-06 @ 18:36

laajt wrote:I'm using Windows 7 Profesional x64 and MinGw with MSYS.
Links to the config.log, configure and make outputs.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49802959473679183207
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=44683756783135714961
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00784522553988655605
Could You please have a look on this?


According to the make-output.txt file you uploaded, the MAKE command was executed successfully. This means everything went fine and I don't think there is any problem here. You should be able to run the generated dosbox.exe in the src directory.
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby laajt » 2016-5-06 @ 18:49

I am able to run the application but the copy/paste function isn't working at all.

Today I will try to compile it with pdcurses in a way described below:
- c_clipboard 1 c_win32clip 0
- ./configure --enable-core-inline LDFLAGS="-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -s" LIBS="-lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg" --enable-debug
laajt
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 2016-5-04 @ 23:26

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-5-06 @ 18:59

laajt wrote:I am able to run the application but the copy/paste function isn't working at all.

Today I will try to compile it with pdcurses in a way described below:
- c_clipboard 1 c_win32clip 0
- ./configure --enable-core-inline LDFLAGS="-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -s" LIBS="-lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg" --enable-debug


You need to add C_CLIPBOARD=1 into config.h *after* you run ./configure, otherwise it will be overwritten by the ./configure command using the default C_CLIPBOARD=0, which will disable mouse copy/paste support. The setting C_WIN32CLIP=1 should be fine for Windows, but you need to add this line into config.h after you run ./configure too. If you set C_WIN32CLIP=0, then the pdcurses library will be required in your Windows installation as well in addition to the libraries mentioned in that page.
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby laajt » 2016-5-06 @ 19:37

You need to add C_CLIPBOARD=1 into config.h *after* you run ./configure,


This solved the problem.
Thank You very much for your time and patience :)
laajt
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 2016-5-04 @ 23:26

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby laajt » 2016-5-08 @ 15:05

I've got a question :)
Is it possible to change the codepage of the copied text from dosbox?
The thing is I've got a software that is using codepage 437 and it displays correctly,
but when I copy something to notepad (or similar software) the copied characters are incorrect
(The "basic" letters are okay, but lines, patterns, greek characters are not).
laajt
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 2016-5-04 @ 23:26

Re: Mouse copy/paste support

Postby Wengier » 2016-5-08 @ 22:37

laajt wrote:I've got a question :)
Is it possible to change the codepage of the copied text from dosbox?
The thing is I've got a software that is using codepage 437 and it displays correctly,
but when I copy something to notepad (or similar software) the copied characters are incorrect
(The "basic" letters are okay, but lines, patterns, greek characters are not).


Personally I don't use non-ASCII and non-DBCS codepages. But to fix the problem you mentioned I am going to use the OEM character set during clipboard copy and paste instead. I have tested with copying Greek characters and it seems to work. You can try the latest version on your computer too.
Wengier
Member
 
Posts: 110
Joined: 2014-9-03 @ 19:56

PreviousNext

Return to DOSBox Patches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest