VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2100 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Gorky17 has depth issues with forced resolution or antialiasing, all 3D elements get forced on top of 2D backgrounds even when they're supposed to be behind. Without anything forced there's some major visual glitches when zooming in and fast video memory access is required to run the game.

Reply 2101 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
stranno wrote:
Is there any chance of future support? Lots of games use it. […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

Independently on that, Indeo is not compatible with dgvoodoo. It needs extra support like DirectShow.

Is there any chance of future support? Lots of games use it.

What i haven tried is changing the video format/container. Maybe that can work unless its hardcoded in Indeo.

I supposed it was not supported since LAV filters are my default codec suite.

Yes, I'm planning to support it in the future.

lowenz wrote:

1) "Stretch with AR" upscale filtering/blurring is not applied when dgVoodoo2 detect a forced resolution = monitor native resolution and this is the correct behaviour and the result is truly beautiful!
But the filtering (and so the resulting blur) *IS* applied if the forced resolution has the same height of the monitor native resolution but not the length! Or viceversa (I didn't test this scenario). I think it would be a good thing to automatically disable the filtering in those cases too! (same vertical pixel number detected OR same horizontal pixel number detected)

Indeed, it should work with no filtering in those cases. I'll fix it.

lowenz wrote:

2) Sometimes forced resolution creates this unwanted frame tesselletion: is it avoidable?

Unfortunately not. It's because of stretched polygons with mismatching texture coordinates.

---

I've been being busy with testing all my stuffs and found some thing is broken, for example, Lego Racers and Breath Of Fire 4.
I'd like to fix all regression bugs before releasing a new version.

Reply 2107 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As for Breath of Fire 4, crashing is not fault of dgVoodoo.
This game runs with a 64KB stack (what a tiny one... but I guess this had to run on Win95 with 4MB RAM) and it's even divided into more parts inside the game (16KB).

Edit: probably the same is true for all early Capcom games like Megaman1.

Running it through dgVoodoo causes internal stack overflow and the game crashes. Instead of struggling with keeping the stack usage low (somehow) in dgVoodoo, I patched the game exe:

http://dege.fw.hu/Patches/BOF4Patch.zip

Now it should run even with 2.51.

stranno wrote:
Dege, i cant get 60Hz with my 970G1. The monitor is perfectly capable aswell as the graphic card. […]
Show full quote

Dege, i cant get 60Hz with my 970G1. The monitor is perfectly capable aswell as the graphic card.

img7cf041ba1051e89f1c4094ba935b59b4.jpg

img060c9208ebaaab9dc1d1ded35e0014b6.jpg

If i set the 60Hz manually it still render 59,97FPS.

Any idea about this?

Could you attach a dgVoodoo.conf file plz, in which the resolution and refresh rate is set to 1920x1080, 59Hz, plz?
I guess your monitor doesn't support 60Hz but "only" 59.97Hz. These refresh rates are given in rational forms, like 5997/100,
and for displaying the result to the user, Windows may round it up while dgVoodoo rounds that down.

lowenz wrote:

Found another D3D8 game where AF16x is not applied (Pandora Tomorrow was the other one): Enclave.

Does forcing AF16x is applied for other D3D11 games? 😀
Ok, it's a stupid question, I guess it is.

Reply 2109 of 3949, by stranno

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

Could you attach a dgVoodoo.conf file plz, in which the resolution and refresh rate is set to 1920x1080, 59Hz, plz?
I guess your monitor doesn't support 60Hz but "only" 59.97Hz. These refresh rates are given in rational forms, like 5997/100,
and for displaying the result to the user, Windows may round it up while dgVoodoo rounds that down.

Here.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B26GcDMRksJgYkV … E/dgVoodoo.conf

My monitor is a LG 24EA53V-P, it support 60hz, but i have tried with the Blackmagic device aswell, same thing.

Reply 2110 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks.
The frequency rational in the config file is 59954/1000, it's 59.954Hz.
dgVoodoo truncate it for displaying, that's why you see 59Hz in the setup. I could modify it to rounding though.

Edit: it's messy a bit. One of my monitors supports the same 59954/1000 refresh rate for all (except one) display modes, at least that's what DXGI reports. In spite of that, Windows (7) display settings dialog lists each mode twice (32 bit, truecolor), one with 59Hz and another with 60Hz.

Edit2: I think I cancel "rounding" mode. DirectX Caps Viewer (DX11) lists the available display modes in exactly the same form as dgVoodoo.

Reply 2111 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I forgot about Outlaws. Unfortunately Outlaws, Thief and a third game (I cannot remember now) can only be played with 'Unspecified' scaling method, otherwise the mouse is captured into the upper left corner of the screen. It's because these games interpret mouse coordinates in an other way than most of the games, and dgVoodoo has no chance to figure out what way to go.

It could be workarounded - by yet another user option... 😵

Reply 2112 of 3949, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

I forgot about Outlaws. Unfortunately Outlaws, Thief and a third game (I cannot remember now) can only be played with 'Unspecified' scaling method, otherwise the mouse is captured into the upper left corner of the screen. It's because these games interpret mouse coordinates in an other way than most of the games, and dgVoodoo has no chance to figure out what way to go.

It could be workarounded - by yet another user option... 😵

That sucks. Also, what about the renderer mode switch send it to windowed mode?

Last edited by MrEWhite on 2016-05-24, 20:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2114 of 3949, by stranno

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

Edit2: I think I cancel "rounding" mode. DirectX Caps Viewer (DX11) lists the available display modes in exactly the same form as dgVoodoo.

So, isnt there any way to output 60hz? I dont understand if it is a monitor fault, graphic card fault, Windows 10 fault or dgVoodoo fault.

Reply 2115 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MrEWhite wrote:

That sucks. Also, what about the renderer mode switich send it to windowed mode?

Didn't check it yet.

stranno wrote:
Dege wrote:

So, isnt there any way to output 60hz? I dont understand if it is a monitor fault, graphic card fault, Windows 10 fault or dgVoodoo fault.

It's not a fault. The monitor supports 59.954Hz and when this value, as a number, is displayed to the user, it appears as 59Hz (in e.g. dgVoodoo setup, DX Caps Viewer) or 60Hz (e.g. Windows display settings) depending on how it's converted to an integer number.
But, when the display mode in question is set on the monitor, then dgVoodoo sets exactly 59.954Hz so the real supported one is used.
(That's why I wrote in the readme that one should always choose the refresh freq from the dropdown list instead of typing it manually.
Because if you type 59, then 59.000Hz is sent to the display driver instead of 59.954Hz.)

lowenz wrote:

Thief -> NewDark

It would be madness to not use it.

I didn't know about, thanks!