VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by spcor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, please help me, I can not make the game F1 RACING CHAMPIONSHIP (full) run on Windows 8.1 already installed the crack and when I click the F1RC.exe file appear two videos and then appears the phrase '' F1 Racing Championship has been stopped '
What should I do to this fantastic game run on Windows 8.1?

Reply 3 of 7, by billy336

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Trying to get f1rc to work properly on win10 is a pain in the ass...
First of all I did need a crack cos f1rc uses some drm not supported by win10. After that it started at least but crashed after the intro vid. So I replaced the bink dll file with a newer one as in another thread described. Now it seams kind of running with several bugs like invisible menus ect...
but my next problem is the game seems to recognize my xbox one controller and works with it but I can't change the button settings. The accelerate and break axis are strange - u need to pull the stick to accelerate and use the other stick to steer ect some weird setting. Problem is I can't change these settings inside the game in the controller settings menu. I click for example the accelerate option until it says choose button for acceleration but then the game doesn't seem to react to my controller. It only reacts to keyboard changes in the menu.

Is there any possibility to change the key settings in a editor file in the game folder since I can't change them inside the game?

Reply 5 of 7, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Regarding invisible menus (where you can only see the car); on my GTX980 I have to disable Anti-Aliasing to be able to clear that menu (one with rotating car on), but then, of course, it looks poor in-game.

Old games... such fun!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor