VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 160 of 301, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice work! Yes there's one out there with my name on it I'm sure, just gots to be patient.

Ha yeah I saw that nubus one, and it was a good price too. Fortunately it was the wrong box (I have a specific box in mind) - or I probs would have pulled the trigger and ended up with the paperweight 😵

There's quite a nice example of a boxed Pro Audio Studio 16 listed at the moment, but the seller is asking way too much and claiming that it's new old stock, despite there being dust clearly visible on the board.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 161 of 301, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

There's quite a nice example of a boxed Pro Audio Studio 16 listed at the moment, but the seller is asking way too much and claiming that it's new old stock, despite there being dust clearly visible on the board.

Yeah that Bulgarian seller... Pretty much everything on his store is overpriced and there's almost no point in trying to talk reason to him.

As for me i'm pretty happy with the stuff i have. I would just like to see to DIY projects to reach daylight, like the Covox Sound Master replica and the Tandy Sound Card.

For hardware i would love to have a IBM MFC an Adlib Gold and the Audiotrix 3D-XG. Pretty hard stuff to come by, but i'm not obsessed. I'm also on the lookout for some boxed games i have to have. A rather small list.

I gotta post my collection one of these days and the complete specs on the systems i'm building.

Reply 162 of 301, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote:
I have almost all I need. Though there are a few items that I am missing. […]
Show full quote

I have almost all I need. Though there are a few items that I am missing.

-Fully working DX2-66 with VL-Bus CL-5428-2mb, VL-Bus IDE controller, 8mb Ram.
-Gravis ultrasound full size card (Classic or Max)
-SB-Pro2
-One extra V2-12mb 100mhz.
-V5 AGP
-Banshee AGP
-GF2 (GTS or faster)
-Radeon 9800
-G400 Max

This is what's missing, for my collection to be complete as I need it to be.

"-GF2 (GTS or faster)" -the faster will be only ultra. I had GTS for that period time. I bough it after Radeon DDR 32MB which is also great.
Gf2 GTS can run Painkiller game and NFS most wanted. Some models are vMod capable

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/graphics/dis … erclocking.html

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 163 of 301, by sndwv

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On the Hardware side:

- A (boxed) Covox-brand Speech Thing - I have a Sound Source, but dislike the proprietary speaker (and it's not 100% compatible).
- The Creative 3DO Blaster / drive bundle - Turns your PC into a 3DO! Always wanted to mess around with one of these.
- An MT-32 without cracked plastic around the front-panel mounting screws / CM-32L that is still white and does not look like it was dragged across the highway

Software-wise:

- Putt-Putt Joins the Parade, DOS(-only) CD-ROM version - oh, the nostalgia... hey, don't judge! 😉 *edit: found one 😀

Last edited by sndwv on 2017-01-06, 20:37. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 164 of 301, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Still on the lookout for...

- Ti486SXL-40 (386 PGA pinout)
- Tseng Labs ET4000/w32i 2MB ISA
- S3 Trio64 VLB
- S3 Stealth 964/968 VLB
- ATI Mach64 VLB
- Tseng Labs ET6100 PCI
- Micomsoft XE-1 ST2 arcade stick for Sega Mega Drive
- Capcom Power Stick Fighter for Sega Mega Drive

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 165 of 301, by Carlos S. M.

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There some hardware which i don't have/never got/need it:

- A tualatin compatible single cpu motherboard (i had one back in 2010, but no had Tualains back then, currently have 4 tualatins now)
- AMD K5 and early K6s, never got one
- AMD K6 III and their + versions, same as the last one
- Any Pentium 4 Extreme Edition, yet i have like over 70 regular desktop Pentium 4s
- Socket 423 motherboard and cooler (i have two Socket 423 CPUs, but no boards)
- another Voodoo II card with loop and SLI cable
- AMD Opteron CPUs
- Dual Core Socket 939 AMD CPU
- Geforce 3 and 4 Ti, never got one, very rare here unlike the geforce 4 MX cards
- Any high end geforce FX/6/7/8/9 series cards (both AGP and PCI-E variants)
- Any good/high end LGA 775 motherboard
- A socket 604 motherboard for my Xeon 3.06 DP
- Any FC-PGA/FC-PGA 2 370 Celeron, only have a PPGA Celeron 300A
- Any Klamath based Pentium II
- Some more stuff to list...

What is your biggest Pentium 4 Collection?
Socket 423/478 Motherboards with Universal AGP Slot
Socket 478 Motherboards with PCI-E Slots
LGA 775 Motherboards with AGP Slots
Experiences and thoughts with Socket 423 systems

Reply 166 of 301, by Oldskoolmaniac

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ive been wanting the following:
pair of v2 sli
1.4ghz via cpu
Packard bell legend
zip disc's
voodoo5 5500
super socket 7 motherboard (i have tons of cpu for it just no board)
a socket 423 machine
a few slotket adapters
AMD Fury x (for my 8 core machine)
more better power supply that dont suck

Motherboard Reviews The Motherboard Thread
Plastic parts looking nasty and yellow try this Deyellowing Plastic

Reply 167 of 301, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Always wanted an SC-55 mkII. Maybe an SC-88pro. That's about it.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 169 of 301, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Someday I would love to have PCs from the 286, 386 and 486 eras (all lined up on a long bench with their own monitors and keyboards/mice). I'd fit my Pentium DOS, P3 Win98 and C2D XP machines right along side of them. A man can dream, can't he?

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 170 of 301, by ElementalChaos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Things I'm lusting over right now:

*A high quality CRT monitor (preferably a Trinitron)
*Any 486, Pentium or Pentium II towers, any at all, for non-insane prices. Sounds humble, right? But the more these things are getting thrown out, the harder the search becomes. I think I have a Craigslist lead on this one though, we'll just have to see.
*A better AGP card for my Dell Dimension 4100, like say a Geforce4 Ti. This one shouldn't be too hard.
*Some more RAM for my Leading Edge 486. Again, a trivial matter thanks to eBay. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Pluto, the maxed out Dell Dimension 4100: Pentium III 1400S | 256MB | GeForce4 Ti4200 + Voodoo4 4500 | SB Live! 5.1
Charon, the DOS and early Windows time machine: K6-III+ 600 | 256MB | TNT2 Ultra + Voodoo3 2000 | Audician 32 Plus

Reply 171 of 301, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Still looking for a boxed PAS16 over here, I'm amazed that they're so rare! There's a ton of loose cards to be had but boxed? Computer says no.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 172 of 301, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just to update my wanted list I'm still looking for:

Packard Bell Corner PC
Packard Bell Spectria All in one
Packard Bell 3x3 in Black (apparently there were some of the high end models with black cases and monitors)
Packard Bell 4x4 from 1994 (the old style with the floppy on the right side verticle and the wavy parts on either side)
An Amiga 1000 keyboard (I'm going to be getting the Amiga and monitor soon)
Commodore 128

Since I last wrote I got a few macintoshes (LC, LC II, Performa 6200 and Classic)
Oh and I also got a complete 1994 Packard Bell Legend 2000 Plus Multi-Media (which is a 486DX) so that takes care of that.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 173 of 301, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not necessarily as a collector, but I would very much like to have a "high-end" VLB card to max out one of my 486 PCs, such as ET4000, S3 Vision or Trio64. The few I've seen out there are far too expensive, most of what I find everywhere is basically Trident garbage, S3 805 or Cirrus Logic 542X.

I'd also like to try those Pentium overdrives in my 486 boards, for some reason I always wanted to have one of those back in the day.

Reply 175 of 301, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That would be a GUS...

...and a proper Amiga 1200 accelerator.

Don't want a lot of things, do I? 😜

:'(

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 176 of 301, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As far as hardware:

Acer Magic S23
AdLib 1990 BOXED
AdLib Gold 1000
IBM Music Feature Card
MediaTrix AudioTrix 3D-XG
Turtle Beach Tropez Plus

Still trying to find one of these babies, specially the IMFC and the AdLib Gold 1000. Very easy no doubt. 🤣

Reply 177 of 301, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is my wish list:

Roland MT32
Gravis Ultrasound
SGI Tezro with quad r16000 processors (1ghz ideally, otherwise 700mhz will do) and 8gb ram
SGI Indigo 2 Max Impact board set with TRAMS (probably nigh impossible to find these days)
SGI O2 RAM (full 1 gigabyte)
SGI O2 disk sled (so I can get my little blue toaster working)
Amiga 1200
A maxed out Amiga 4000 with Video Toaster and whatever the top-end graphics and accelerators would be.
Tandy 1000 RSX

Reply 179 of 301, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:
carlostex wrote:

Acer Magic S23

Isn't easy_john selling one of those over at amibay?

He's selling the S23A. The A version does not have a OPL3.