VOGONS

Windows 95 Dos window video problem

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 22, by shaq

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chinny22 wrote:

Maybe this is of help? not sure which Voodoo you actually have!
Voodoo 2 DOS Glide compatibility matrix

Also maybe try a different windows driver. I like the reference or the fastvoodoo drivers depending on which system I'm using

I'm using the Voodoo 1(Diamond Monster 3D) so that list doesn't help unfortunately. Does driver cleaner pro do an adequate job removing the old driver? And where can you find different drivers? I only see the latest ones out there, reference and tweaked. ANd I had a similar problem with voodoo1 and 2. But this Voodoo 1 is worse, I'm even having trouble exiting windows glide games. I get a black screen and windows locks up and I have to reboot. So I definitely need to find new drivers.

Reply 22 of 22, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

If you're running a DOS game, I would not expect the Windows drivers for the Voodoo card to make any difference.

Me either really, but as the game works fine in DOS, its at least something to try

shaq wrote:

I'm using the Voodoo 1(Diamond Monster 3D) so that list doesn't help unfortunately. Does driver cleaner pro do an adequate job removing the old driver? And where can you find different drivers? I only see the latest ones out there, reference and tweaked. ANd I had a similar problem with voodoo1 and 2. But this Voodoo 1 is worse, I'm even having trouble exiting windows glide games. I get a black screen and windows locks up and I have to reboot. So I definitely need to find new drivers.

You could try the drivers from here
http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/3dfx/voodoo1/drivers/windows98

Cant recommend any though I've only got a V2 which is what the fastvoodoo driver is for.

That same post talks a lot about how DOS games actually support glide, like this particular post.
Voodoo 2 DOS Glide compatibility matrix

I would have thought if DOS glide games didn't work form 9x it would have come up by now, and the EF2000 V2 patch even requires windows, it MUST be possible somehow. I think were the ones missing something. I'll try and "find" and test a game on my V2 setup, but that wont be for a few weeks am afraid