VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by fullscreen

User metadata

i can run dosbox 0.63 perfectaly but when i press ALT+ENTER for full screen my monitor says no support(the screen has power but it wont display anything), the screen itself is a 19 inch flat screen panal(manufacturer is Medion), on systems devices it says standard monitor on NVIDIA GeForce 6610 XL. There is a problem im just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem

Reply 2 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I suck at this screen/size stuff, so all I can say is check the 'output=' settings in the dosbox.conf file. Try changing 'output=' to one of surface, overlay, opengl, openglnb, or ddraw.

Also, try setting 'fullfixed=true' (perhaps you also need to change 'fullresolution=' to something your monitor like).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 6, by fullscreen

User metadata

Thanks the help, I justed changed the output=surface to output=openglnb and i changed the fullresolution to 1280 by 1024 and it works like a charm, no i can play all my class games in fullscreen and it looks excellent.

just a small question, whats the difference between opengl and openglnb?

Reply 5 of 6, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't have an official answer, but I believe the difference is that openglnb stands for "OpenGL, no bilinear filtering", which means that it won't use OpenGL to smooth the graphics (which output=opengl most likely will). The OpenGL modes are actually a bit slow for me compared to the other modes for some reason, so I prefer ddraw or overlay myself (of course, your mileage may vary)

Reply 6 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes. Many people say OpenGL rendering mode is more suitable for nVIDIA cards while ddraw or overlay would be better for ATi cards. As HunterZ has stated, your mileage may vary. You have to try several values until you find the one you feel more comfortable with. 😎

PS - The difference between OpenGL and OpenGLnb is what HunterZ said. OpenGL enables bilinear filtering on textures by default (tends to make things a little blurry in my humble opinion. You will have to try it. Some people uses it for smoothing out textures. I don't like it personally). OpenGLnb is exactly the same OpenGL rendering mode but without bilinear filtering.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)