VOGONS

Common searches

Dungeon Keeper Gold

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Guest

User metadata

Hey everyone, I'm new and i'm a complete idiot when it comes to DosBox and I want to run Dungeon Keeper Gold, I downloaded it from a torrent as it's not abandonware and I have viewed a few guides and things to help me play DKG on my pc but I have had no luck at all and it's a very annoying problem because I love this game!

I run Windows98 and I really don't know much about DosBox apart from you're ment to run DKG through it to play it but I don't know how.

Is there something like a complete idiots guide because I really have trouble understanding most of the stuff in the guides i've already seen 😢

Reply 1 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read this:

60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 11, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DosFreak: I think he's saying he pirated it and that it isn't free.

Guest: According to MobyGames ( http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/dungeon-keeper-gold ) DKG is a Windows game. I don't understand why you can't run it directly in Win98.

Reply 5 of 11, by Guest

User metadata

Well whether it is free or not, I was bored and downloaded it even though I have Dungeon Keeper Gold (The one cd version) and I have Dungeon Keeper 1 and The Deeper Dungeons on seperate discs but no matter what I try nothing seems to work and i'm still stuck even with the guide that was pointed out to me 🙁

I'm sure it's free though, Isn't it called "Abandonware" or something because the maker made his own company or he went to work for LionsGate games or something like that?

Reply 8 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure it's free though, Isn't it called "Abandonware" or something because the maker made his own company or he went to work for LionsGate games or something like that?

Your joking right? This has to be a joke. It just has to be.

Reply 9 of 11, by FingerSoup

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Abandonware is not synonymous with legal. Abandonware is essentially piracy of a program that's old enough to get away with... If it were legal, it would be called freeware - such as "Beneath a Steel Sky"...

Dungeon Keeper Gold is on Underdogs. Look here:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=5103
However, it should be noted that there are several games which Underdogs posts without permission. This may be one of them.

Furthermore, #oldgames on efnet has upped their abandonware date to 1998 - Up from 1997 for the past couple years. Again, this does not mean that it's Legal... It just means a great deal of people think it's old enough to be free, or people don't think that it's in circulation enough to be bought.