VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by bloom

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Paul i am sorry for your doubt about the change of Glidos ID after installation of windows xp service pack 1.
I use this a bit strange o.s. (according to me)only for TR1 game and for this message:)
Anyway the old GlidosID after the third boot returned on clipboard .
Thanks very much for your kindness.
Ciao
Piero

Reply 1 of 5, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bloom wrote:

Paul i am sorry for your doubt about the change of Glidos ID after installation of windows xp service pack 1.

It is strange that it should have an effect, but Windows does do some strange things. 😀

I use this a bit strange o.s. (according to me)only for TR1 game and for this message:) Anyway the old GlidosID after the third […]
Show full quote

I use this a bit strange o.s. (according to me)only for TR1 game and for this message:)
Anyway the old GlidosID after the third boot returned on clipboard .
Thanks very much for your kindness.
Ciao
Piero

Glad the problem is sorted.

Reply 3 of 5, by Hentzau

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ran "windows update" just a few nights ago and it wanted me to download XP/explorer6 SP1 for my 98SE/explorer 5.5 operating system. We'll I think it was only a few files from it according to the download size shown, but I didn't do it. Seemed kind of odd to me.

Reply 4 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Hentzau wrote:

Ran "windows update" just a few nights ago and it wanted me to download XP/explorer6 SP1 for my 98SE/explorer 5.5 operating system.

Well the SP1 for 98SE is very different thing. Basically this is an IE update. Personally, I'd pass on it. IE6 doesn't have a whole lot of new things and it uses more resources. The general consensus is that it has security issues that IE 5.5 does not. That may have changed by now...

Reply 5 of 5, by Hentzau

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The thing of it was that it was telling me that it was a "critical update". Like they were going to force me onto explorer 6.0, kind of confused me. I've kept up to date pretty much monthly the whole time i've had the computer. I'll try it again soon and see if it gives me the same results.