VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello. I just want to know if it's possible for FireFox to mark links as 'visited' as soon as you visit them, just like Opera does, without needing to reload the page. If this isn't possible right now but would be implemented in a near future I would choose FF as my primary browser. 😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think noone thought of that because:
- Internet Explorer doesn't do it
- You can't visit a link without leaving the page unless you open it in a new tab or window, which probably wasn't possible in early browsers

It would be a useful feature. Someone should go to Firefox's Bugzilla site and write an RFE/enh request.

Reply 3 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Alas! It's as I feared. I will continue waiting them... I am surprised no one has come to think about it yet. 😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 4 of 8, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've never really had a need for this functionality, personally, so I find it a bit odd, but submitting an RFE request to Bugzilla would be a good first point. (Though, I'm not sure; is perhaps Opera's method not standards-compliant?)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do you know the link address for submitting a RFE request?

www.bugzilla.org seems to be for submitting bug reports only.

😎

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 6 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

Make sure that you search for existing entires for that subject before you post - they're not very forgiving about duplicate requests.

Also, bug reports and feature requests are submitted in the same place - you just set the priority (I think) to "enh"

Reply 8 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thank you very much the both of you, but I will pass for now. They want me to register and I don't feel like it right now. 😒

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)