VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
0101000000110101 wrote:

I was simply pointing out the fact that the inside of a fridge is colder than the surrounding environment.
It is indeed, possible for nearly any object to be colder than the environment which is is in, under the right circumstances. Key words under the right circumstances.

The laws of thermodynamics would like to disagree with you.

A fridge uses a heat exchange system, which will need to get rid of excessive heat elsewhere somehow. Without such a system what you state is plainly impossible.

Reply 21 of 22, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
0101000000110101 wrote:

I was simply pointing out the fact that the inside of a fridge is colder than the surrounding environment.

That's rather meaningless as cooling a fridge has nothing to do with air cooling of a standard CPU heatsink. They cool by different means.
The fact that a fridge can keep its content at temps below its surroundings does not imply your BIOS readings must therefor be correct.

0101000000110101 wrote:
It is indeed, possible for nearly any object to be colder than the environment which is is in, under the right circumstances. Ke […]
Show full quote

It is indeed, possible for nearly any object to be colder than the environment which is is in, under the right circumstances. Key words under the right circumstances.
In normal cases heatsinks that are actively assisted by a fan and are usually slightly if not well above ambient temperature. But if the cooling and airflow is done efficectively enough, you can make components cooler than ambient if not equal.

also no i have never computered in my life
am not no how heatsink heat

am learn yesterday

am not no how to fridge, i use cooler since i was tiny girl

am have alienwaer labtob
(That was a joke, I have nothing agaisnt any of you if you use/support Alienware)

I'm not sure who you are trying to fool here...except maybe yourself.

0101000000110101 wrote:

The BIOS's temperature monitoring system is accurate, as due to a usual lack of exra cash to spend, I have to rely on finger touch to determine the accuracy of a temperature monitor.

Under full load for 20 minutes, due to sufficient cooling and low power drawing, the CPU heatsink temperature is mostly lower than the room it resides in, if not equal.

The power supply yields identical results, and barely generates heat ever.

You're not measuring lower heatsink temps due to efficient cooling, but due to false readings.
It's common to find the BIOS temps not being accurate at all.

I think it's kinda nasty if CPU temps turn out to be much higher than measured temps 😵

PSUs always create heat, none are 100% efficient (the newer ones are usually more efficient though).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 22 of 22, by 0101000000110101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah I guess I somehow got confused and percieved my room as being warmer than the system.
As for the power supply barely creating heat, that's probably due to a low amount of power being used from it.

1995 Gateway 2000 P5-120
Intel Pentium P5 120Mhz
16MB EDO RAM
1MB Trident 3D capable GPU
250GB Western Digital IDE drive
OS(s): Windows 98/Windows 2000 SP1