VOGONS

Reply 1200 of 4609, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
liqmat wrote:

Considering I've already opened it, know one knows what's inside as it is a self build. The main attraction here is the case which is a clone of the IBM Model 80 which I personally have never seen a clone case like this. As a matter of fact when I first saw this sitting in a dark corner I assumed it was an IBM model which it is not. What's inside is just a side show. I especially like the LED panel and buttons. Looking forward to luckybob turning it on and doing a video on it regardless. It should be fun.

Well no I had the same system years and years ago. Even has the same sharpie date on it 😎

Reply 1201 of 4609, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:
liqmat wrote:

Considering I've already opened it, know one knows what's inside as it is a self build. The main attraction here is the case which is a clone of the IBM Model 80 which I personally have never seen a clone case like this. As a matter of fact when I first saw this sitting in a dark corner I assumed it was an IBM model which it is not. What's inside is just a side show. I especially like the LED panel and buttons. Looking forward to luckybob turning it on and doing a video on it regardless. It should be fun.

Well no I had the same system years and years ago. Even has the same sharpie date on it 😎

Now, wait a minute. You mean you suspect this system might be an old system of yours? That would be insanely coincidental. Where did you sell it or get rid of it? By the way, that's not a date.

P.S. - Just edited my post. Realized I said "know one". Yes, I am my own language police.

Reply 1202 of 4609, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Honestly I don't know when I got rid of it. It was long, long, long ago. The case is the same and it had the date stamp looking thing on the back.

I recall being told it was the date code for when it was taking out of use or repaired back in the day or something, I did not have it long that I know. I only had it for a few weeks before someone up the street bought it then sold it cross country.
I'm fairly sure I know what's inside it so long as it was not changed.

Reply 1203 of 4609, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:

Honestly I don't know when I got rid of it. It was long, long, long ago. The case is the same and it had the date stamp looking thing on the back.

I recall being told it was the date code for when it was taking out of use or repaired back in the day or something, I did not have it long that I know. I only had it for a few weeks before someone up the street bought it then sold it cross country.
I'm fairly sure I know what's inside it so long as it was not changed.

Ok, once again, that is not a date, those are hard drive parameters. Anyone who dealt with computers of this era would know this. Whoever told you that was a date code had no idea what they were talking about. I doubt this was yours, but go ahead and tell me what's inside. Now I am curious.

Reply 1204 of 4609, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

No I defiantly had it or one just like it. The more I think of it I do recall being told the hdd was replaced and that's when the date stamp was put on it. Yeah I know its not a date stamp, that's just what I was told.

Reply 1205 of 4609, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:

No I defiantly had it or one just like it. The more I think of it I do recall being told the hdd was replaced and that's when the date stamp was put on it. Yeah I know its not a date stamp, that's just what I was told.

Your story keeps changing man, but let me let you off the hook. I called the shop owner and this was a trade-in from a small business owner and it had just one owner. So it most definitely is not your old system. So we can all still look forward to luckybob's video. It should be fun.

Reply 1206 of 4609, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
liqmat wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

Your story keeps changing man, but let me let you off the hook. I called the shop owner and this was a trade-in from a small business owner and it had just one owner. So it most definitely is not your old system. So we can all still look forward to luckybob's video. It should be fun.

My story did not change one bit. And how can we be sure the last owner was the only owner or telling the truth?

Reply 1207 of 4609, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:
liqmat wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:

My story did not change one bit. And how can we be sure the last owner was the only owner or telling the truth?

Right. Ok. Cool. You win. Either way, looking forward to the comparison between the Model 80 and this.

Reply 1208 of 4609, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

well, what we can do is this. Jade sends me a PM with what he believes is inside. something that distinguishs this system. a weird video card choice, or whatever. i wont open the PM until I make the video.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 1210 of 4609, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
kiwa wrote:
Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 1.13.00 AM.png

i found this card, seems to be a matrox video capture card, no use for this and no cables, but interesting anyways.

I think these are very interesting reliques, even though they are basically useless. I still got my IBM/Intel ActionMedia II card. It's friggin huge and heavy and I also don't have the cables....but it looks awesome! 😁
Try and find something like this at a thrift store or something, even 3DFX will most likely be tons easier to find 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 1211 of 4609, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tetrium wrote:
kiwa wrote:

i found this card, seems to be a matrox video capture card, no use for this and no cables, but interesting anyways.

I think these are very interesting reliques, even though they are basically useless. I still got my IBM/Intel ActionMedia II card. It's friggin huge and heavy and I also don't have the cables....but it looks awesome! 😁
Try and find something like this at a thrift store or something, even 3DFX will most likely be tons easier to find 😜

It reminds me of a huge video genlock ISA card I used back in the early 90s on a Tandy 386 SX/25 of mine called the Cardinal SnapPlus which had a Tseng Labs ET4000 chip on it. It basically did what the Amiga 2000 Video Toaster did, but in DOS 6.22. It actually worked really well and very expensive for the time, but still cheaper than an Amiga 2000 setup.

Reply 1212 of 4609, by kiwa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote:
Tetrium wrote:
kiwa wrote:

It reminds me of a huge video genlock ISA card I used back in the early 90s on a Tandy 386 SX/25 of mine called the Cardinal SnapPlus which had a Tseng Labs ET4000 chip on it. It basically did what the Amiga 2000 Video Toaster did, but in DOS 6.22. It actually worked really well and very expensive for the time, but still cheaper than an Amiga 2000 setup.

That sounds like a really interesting card!

Reply 1213 of 4609, by kiwa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, so today i found this board, i can't find any info, it's obviously not a PC motherboard, has a Motorola Coldfire and Altera Cyclone IC's, i got it because the DOM is useful, but I'm really interested in know what this board is, can't find any model or stuff like that on the pcb

2017-07-25 15.46.26.jpg
Filename
2017-07-25 15.46.26.jpg
File size
4.46 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1214 of 4609, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kiwa wrote:

OK, so today i found this board, i can't find any info, it's obviously not a PC motherboard, has a Motorola Coldfire and Altera Cyclone IC's, i got it because the DOM is useful, but I'm really interested in know what this board is, can't find any model or stuff like that on the pcb

2017-07-25 15.46.26.jpg

It's apparently the CPU Board / Main board for a Hematology Analyzer machine made by Mindray. Specifically, Model # BC3000.

http://www.dommedical.com/2800-CPU-board-for- … BC3000-351.html

The machine it would of originally went in was this: http://www.mindray.com/en/product/BC-3000Plus.html

This thing is apparently pretty valuable. This one website wants $510 USD for it, and I found another website selling it (Alibay) .. listing removed now but found it in a google cache they wanted $775 USD for it.

I might would suggest throwing it on ebay or something auction style and see if anyone wants it, even if you're unable to test if it works or not.

Last edited by kithylin on 2017-07-25, 20:25. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1215 of 4609, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kiwa wrote:

That sounds like a really interesting card!

As a matter of fact someone is selling a bare Cardinal SnapPlus on Ebay., but it's useless (other than as a working ISA SVGA card), because it does not have the included video overlay software or any of the special cables that came with the package. It had a max color limit of 16-bit. Basically you would have two VCRs, source and target, and shoot video through your PC and overlay graphics and text onto your video very much like the early model Video Toasters. It did this all in DOS with a custom GUI. It probably stretched what DOS could do at the time considering the memory limitations. It worked great , though, and I helped a guy get a professional polish to his underground movies he made on a few 8mm cameras of his.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snap-Plus-Tseng-ET400 … 7UAAOSwJb9Ws2cY

Reply 1216 of 4609, by Imperious

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got these off a Friend a few weeks ago, The Medion 9800pro has a genuine R360(XT) core but only 128mb. I used to work at a repair place here called Telefix and they had the
contract with Aldi for warranty repairs to Medion desktops and Laptops. I ended up with about 12 of these cards and gave one to just about every friend I had that had a
Computer, they were valued around $400 (Australian) in 2004. About 75% of the cards just had a faulty fan, the rest had overheated and the GPU was stuffed, and Medion
never asked for them back. The good old days that was.

Attachments

• MSI KT880Delta.jpg
    Filename
    MSI KT880Delta.jpg
    File size
    795.97 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • 128mb Medion 9800pro.jpg
    Filename
    128mb Medion 9800pro.jpg
    File size
    760.51 KiB
    Views
    File license

Atari 2600, TI994a, Vic20, c64, ZX Spectrum 128, Amstrad CPC464, Atari 65XE, Commodore Plus/4, Amiga 500
PC's from XT 8088, 486, Pentium MMX, K6, Athlon, P3, P4, 775, to current Ryzen 5600x.

Reply 1217 of 4609, by tizzdizz

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Last weekend I found a free Craigslist ad that simply said "old computer". I emailed the guy and picked up a Cyrix 6x86 which I posted a little about elsewhere.

Same guy emailed me again a few days ago saying he found some more stuff if I wanted it. So here we are.

One is an Acer Aspire A360 which is unfortunately missing the side panel. But after a cleanup it seems to work great. Just need to throw in one of my old hard drives and install win98. It is an athlon 64 3500 machine, with 2x512mb of DDR400 ram. Also came with a nice thermaltake
Power supply, and onboard ATI Radeon 600 graphics chip.

Next is a homebuild beige mid tower with an athlon 1800, Radeon N625 (not sure how much memory yet), 128mb of DDR266 ram, and unfortunately a load of bulging and some leaking caps on the motherboard. Will have to find a replacement board.

Finally is the one I'm most excited about. It's a mini tower with turbo button and key! It's an AMD 5x86 x5 133mhz machine, with I believe 16 megs of ram and a sound master 16. This is a lot like what I got for my 16th birthday, and these cases are hard to find now, especially for free! I'm going to try to get the other ones going first, and save the best for last.

IMG_2146.JPG
Filename
IMG_2146.JPG
File size
2.81 MiB
Views
File comment
Three freebies
File license
IMG_2164.JPG
Filename
IMG_2164.JPG
File size
1.52 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_2156.JPG
Filename
IMG_2156.JPG
File size
1.62 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_2148.JPG
Filename
IMG_2148.JPG
File size
1.57 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1219 of 4609, by probnot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tizzdizz wrote:

Finally is the one I'm most excited about. It's a mini tower with turbo button and key! It's an AMD 5x86 x5 133mhz machine, with I believe 16 megs of ram and a sound master 16. This is a lot like what I got for my 16th birthday, and these cases are hard to find now, especially for free! I'm going to try to get the other ones going first, and save the best for last.

IMG_2148.JPG

That is a sweet looking tower. Though I've always hated the fake floppy drive that some cases had instead of just a regular blank cover...