VOGONS

Reply 40 of 40, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CkRtech wrote:

Ouch. BeginnerGuy - you have been through a lot of pain with your system work. I've been through a few of your threads, and you face adversity with your parts & just soldier on. So - words of encouragement here for you, because man... sometimes these parts just seem out to get you (didn't you have a case that held a charge and buzzed you when you touched it?).

I am curious what the seller is going to say. Despite the ability to just write another EEPROM in attempt to get going again, the fact of the matter is what you just stated - not a "working pull."

I know that buyer/seller communication can be like walking on pins and needles when it comes to situations like this, but I would push hard for a full refund.

I'm glad to know somebody has noticed! The shocking case shouldn't be a big deal, I just have to swap in the new power supply (hopefully). There's also the dead abit slot 1 board and the se440bx with the buggy keyboard controller. and the socket 7 asus p5a that worked for one day. Those came out of goodwill machines so I knew the risks. I keep soldiering on because I want to shoot some damned hell demons and save the world from my bean with bacon megarocket! And possibly finish and test my own game...

I feel like a dos era pc is within my grasp, supposing these new vlb cards work I just need a working board. Though at this point I wish i had just bought a complete packard bell or gateway 2000 and saved a fortune.

I don't know what the seller will say but I believe it was listed as is "due to age" so probably no refund, but we know it wasn't honestly pulled working. I'll try to do my homework from now on.

If anybody sees an ebay board that can run a am5x86 and vlb for a sane price, let me know!

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?