VOGONS

First post, by soviet conscript

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Received a PowerLeap iP3/T in a lot I picked up but it's missing the 3 prong power adapter. any suggestions for a generic cable solution or an I going to need to build my own or track down one?

Reply 1 of 13, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From what I can see , see if a floppy power connector will fit into it's power socket with one line obviously hanging off to one side. If it does , rewire it accordingly so the 12 and 5v are in the correct spots.

I wouldn't count on tracking the power connector down , just make your own.

Reply 3 of 13, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

pull the pins out of the larger molex connector and pinch them with a pliers to see if that'll snug it up. You can then plug in the pins without the molex connector plastic so it'll just be 3 wires with their metal connectors

Reply 4 of 13, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought one off this guy last year - http://www.ebay.com/sch/devanny01/m.html?_ipg … &_sop=12&_rdc=1 - he doesn't have any currently listed but maybe he's got a spare one somewhere. The one he sold me has the right connector and works just fine 😀

Reply 5 of 13, by dexvx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Agh... nostalgia.

I am super sad I sold my Asus P3C/1.2A @ 1.6 Powerleap combo. Worst part is that I just assume I sold it (I have no memory of selling it), because I can't find it anywhere.

Reply 6 of 13, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello. I'm in the same situation - can't find a power lead and unsure what's required to make my own; worried I will fry it 🙁 Did anyone ever find another source or have a slightly more detail explanation of how one can be assembled please?

Reply 8 of 13, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JidaiGeki wrote:

Appreciate you replying! It certainly helps, BUT i'm just confused as where to find the white half inch female connector. Looking at the usual ebay doesn't seem to yield me any results unless i'm missing something obvious from the thread you sent me to.

Reply 9 of 13, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
nogmog wrote:
JidaiGeki wrote:

Appreciate you replying! It certainly helps, BUT i'm just confused as where to find the white half inch female connector. Looking at the usual ebay doesn't seem to yield me any results unless i'm missing something obvious from the thread you sent me to.

Just struck me it would probably make more sense for me to ask t3f4l in the thread you sent me to 😊

Reply 10 of 13, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
nogmog wrote:
nogmog wrote:
JidaiGeki wrote:

Just struck me it would probably make more sense for me to ask t3f4l in the thread you sent me to 😊

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-connector- … usings/8201175/

Pretty sure this is what you're after.

Reply 11 of 13, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JidaiGeki wrote:

Hrmmm. Way down the page it says "Width 10.5mm" tho which I don't think will be right based on your prior measurements?

Reply 12 of 13, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
nogmog wrote:
JidaiGeki wrote:

Hrmmm. Way down the page it says "Width 10.5mm" tho which I don't think will be right based on your prior measurements?

My tape measure isn't really a precision instrument 😉 I found out recently that two tape measures I have are calibrated differently, which is irritating!

The pitch of the prongs is more important, 3.96mm sounds like a more accurate measure of the spacing. Looking at the picture on the RSOnline site I'd be inclined to view the measurements as Width 11.82mm, Depth 13.3mm, Height 10.5mm, seeing as no height measurement is given for the plug.

Edit: Here's the spec sheet for the connector - http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eVH.pdf - confirms that dimension B, being the width of the plug, is 11.82mm.

Reply 13 of 13, by nogmog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JidaiGeki wrote:
My tape measure isn't really a precision instrument ;) I found out recently that two tape measures I have are calibrated differe […]
Show full quote
nogmog wrote:
JidaiGeki wrote:

My tape measure isn't really a precision instrument 😉 I found out recently that two tape measures I have are calibrated differently, which is irritating!

The pitch of the prongs is more important, 3.96mm sounds like a more accurate measure of the spacing. Looking at the picture on the RSOnline site I'd be inclined to view the measurements as Width 11.82mm, Depth 13.3mm, Height 10.5mm, seeing as no height measurement is given for the plug.

Edit: Here's the spec sheet for the connector - http://www.jst-mfg.com/product/pdf/eng/eVH.pdf - confirms that dimension B, being the width of the plug, is 11.82mm.

Good spot - thanks. Well for £0.48 and free delivery(!) I think i'm willing to take the risk 🤣