VOGONS

Common searches

Ebay thread goodbye thread

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 160 of 205, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:

My vote is we take his IP (Jade Falcon/Kithylin) and DDOS him into another dimension until he gets the message that retaliatory action will be taken and he will not be tolerated. Trolls don't speak our language, but they do understand action. If that fails we move to progressively more damaging courses of action until he finally decides its not worth it.

That’s a bit rich considering your constant complaining about prices / sellers was one of the reasons given for the thread being deleted, which is what kicked off this whole mess in the first place.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 161 of 205, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:
TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:

My vote is we take his IP (Jade Falcon/Kithylin) and DDOS him into another dimension until he gets the message that retaliatory action will be taken and he will not be tolerated. Trolls don't speak our language, but they do understand action. If that fails we move to progressively more damaging courses of action until he finally decides its not worth it.

That’s a bit rich considering your constant complaining about prices / sellers was one of the reasons given for the thread being deleted, which is what kicked off this whole mess in the first place.

Ram it.

You and Leilollol have no right to say anything since half of drama I've been involved in has been started by either you or him.

You two are as much to blame as I am.

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 163 of 205, by dexvx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dr_st wrote:
dexvx wrote:

1. The eBay thread was also filled with people who proudly showed what they managed to get ahold of as well.

Putting aside the questionable value to the community of people bragging about their 'good deals', this 'need' is easily met by the 'What new / retro hardware you bought today' thread(s).

You need to reread the 'what new retro hw you bought' thread. Plenty of people bragging about prices along with being proud.

DosFreak wrote:
slivercr wrote:

I work under the assumption people interested in old games and hardware actually know how to get their hands in old games and hardware, no need for a thread with "deals". I'd much rather see more users posting their builds and asking for (or giving) advice than discussing prices and lamenting they cannot buy another PCI voodoo3 because its soooo expensive 🙄 That said, if someone asks me where I got something and for how much, I probably would tell them, so this leads me to…

A question for the mods: what if in one of our threads someone asks where we sourced a particular part? I once linked someone to an ebay seller who has a bunch of NIB slotkets in stock, is that cool or a no-no?

If it's judged not to be a hidden agenda then mabye. Best to keep it to a PM if it seems like it could be judged to be so. I have no interest in ebay so if I have to go elsewhere than vogons to verify something I don't give a crap about then easier just to say no. The vogons policy on trading isn't really that complicated and doesn't need a long list of what qualifies.

So there is a realization that having an appreciation for retro/vintage items goes hand in hand with methods of acquiring?

Reply 164 of 205, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

People can appreciate things and display their appreciation without going into detail on how they aquire things but if they feel the need to do so then it better not go against vogons policy. I'm not going to get into a nitpicky word debate with you. It is what it is.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/wheatons-law

I'm pretty tired of seeing this thread so expect it to not stay open for too much longer.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 165 of 205, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

I'm quite pessimistic about IP ban. Masking your IP is not that difficult. Come on, I did it several times ...

Are there still technical folks of our proficiency who don't use a VPN and/or Tor?

If you live in a five-eyes country, didn't pay attention to Snowden, and don't use a VPN, well I just don't know what to say...

Reply 166 of 205, by slivercr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dexvx wrote:
DosFreak wrote:
slivercr wrote:

I work under the assumption people interested in old games and hardware actually know how to get their hands in old games and hardware, no need for a thread with "deals". I'd much rather see more users posting their builds and asking for (or giving) advice than discussing prices and lamenting they cannot buy another PCI voodoo3 because its soooo expensive 🙄 That said, if someone asks me where I got something and for how much, I probably would tell them, so this leads me to…

A question for the mods: what if in one of our threads someone asks where we sourced a particular part? I once linked someone to an ebay seller who has a bunch of NIB slotkets in stock, is that cool or a no-no?

If it's judged not to be a hidden agenda then mabye. Best to keep it to a PM if it seems like it could be judged to be so. I have no interest in ebay so if I have to go elsewhere than vogons to verify something I don't give a crap about then easier just to say no. The vogons policy on trading isn't really that complicated and doesn't need a long list of what qualifies.

So there is a realization that having an appreciation for retro/vintage items goes hand in hand with methods of acquiring?

Assumption =/= realization. Have a nice day!

Outrigger: an ongoing adventure with the OR840
QuForce FX 5800: turn your Quadro into a GeForce

Reply 167 of 205, by vladstamate

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
KT7AGuy wrote:
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

I'm quite pessimistic about IP ban. Masking your IP is not that difficult. Come on, I did it several times ...

Are there still technical folks of our proficiency who don't use a VPN and/or Tor?

If you live in a five-eyes country, didn't pay attention to Snowden, and don't use a VPN, well I just don't know what to say...

I do not and have no intentions to use VPN or Tor, I could not care less if US government sees what I browse on eBay. I am not that paranoid.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7HbC_nq8t1S9l7qGYL0mTA
Collection: http://www.digiloguemuseum.com/index.html
Emulator: https://sites.google.com/site/capex86/
Raytracer: https://sites.google.com/site/opaqueraytracer/

Reply 168 of 205, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not using VPN or other masking technology eighter. The only thing I use, is Adblock Plus in Firefox on Linux.
I did however, previously, use one of those anti geoblocking plugin, when I wanted to read news from other continents.
Yeah... Following the news in America these days, are a must, as well as news from the UK.
Nice to see how things are and how people act, think and live in other places.
And sometimes news from us is 1 week old here in Denmark. Better get it the same day.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 172 of 205, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Seriously all the video BS aside here's a real eBay link

GeForce256 DDR mislisted for $20 shipped:

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 173 of 205, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
brostenen wrote:
Not using VPN or other masking technology eighter. The only thing I use, is Adblock Plus in Firefox on Linux. I did however, pre […]
Show full quote

Not using VPN or other masking technology eighter. The only thing I use, is Adblock Plus in Firefox on Linux.
I did however, previously, use one of those anti geoblocking plugin, when I wanted to read news from other continents.
Yeah... Following the news in America these days, are a must, as well as news from the UK.
Nice to see how things are and how people act, think and live in other places.
And sometimes news from us is 1 week old here in Denmark. Better get it the same day.

Well, if you are getting US "news" from any of the big "news" companies... CBS, NBC, CNN, etc. then you can pretty much almost 100% know for a fact that almost all of what they put up as "news" is fake made up stories in order to try to control the people.

Hopefully that will be coming to an end pretty soon though. The trash they have been peddling for the past 10+ years is appalling.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 175 of 205, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:

Well, if you are getting US "news" from any of the big "news" companies... CBS, NBC, CNN, etc. then you can pretty much almost 100% know for a fact that almost all of what they put up as "news" is fake made up stories in order to try to control the people.

Hopefully that will be coming to an end pretty soon though. The trash they have been peddling for the past 10+ years is appalling.

Screw all you guys! I'm gonna go play some Deus Ex where at least things make sense!

(Over six months in, and I'm about 75% finished. Trying to finish before 2018.)

Reply 176 of 205, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cue Qbix stepping in and declaring that, by the power vested in him as an administrator, this thread has outlived its usefulness and is declared to be locked in perpetuity. May God have mercy on your souls.

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 177 of 205, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keenmaster486 wrote:

Cue Qbix stepping in and declaring that, by the power vested in him as an administrator, this thread has outlived its usefulness and is declared to be locked in perpetuity. May God have mercy on your souls.

+1 and may I add in a hearty "Here, here!" I shall take a drink to that.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 178 of 205, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keenmaster486 wrote:

Scroll up. Or down:

DosFreak wrote:

I'm pretty tired of seeing this thread so expect it to not stay open for too much longer.

Death to the eBay thread! Long live the Goodbye thread!

(Love, Cronenberg)

Reply 179 of 205, by dr_st

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dexvx wrote:
dr_st wrote:
dexvx wrote:

1. The eBay thread was also filled with people who proudly showed what they managed to get ahold of as well.

Putting aside the questionable value to the community of people bragging about their 'good deals', this 'need' is easily met by the 'What new / retro hardware you bought today' thread(s).

You need to reread the 'what new retro hw you bought' thread. Plenty of people bragging about prices along with being proud.

Perhaps I did not phrase it as best as I could. What I meant is that - even if you think this kind of bragging does the community good, the 'retro hw you bought thread' provides opportunity for it, and there is no need for the questionable 'eBay deals' thread.

https://cloakedthargoid.wordpress.com/ - Random content on hardware, software, games and toys