VOGONS

Turrican 2 - Supported by DOSBox?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Spinik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys!

I have a problem running Turrican 2 on DOSBox version 0.63. When I run it the setup screen looks weird (upper pic) and when I press Enter (since there is probably nothing other I can do in this screen) then it looks broken (lower pic). And it hangs immediately.
I tried running it on two totally different PCs and always with the same results. It is said that this game is perfectly supported by DOSBox and I don't know what to do in order tu run it correctly. So please if there is anyone who could give me a clue, I'd be very pleased. Thanks.

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    Filename
    t2.jpg
    File size
    47.88 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 9, by Spinik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Qbix!

It helped... partially. The game actually runs now, at first it shows Turrican logo in wrong palette but then (after some "cycles" changing) the logo appears again in correct colors and I can start the game. The sound works fine too but there is one more glitch. When I try switching to full screen DOSBox hangs with an error message (see pic). Is there any workaround for this?

Attachments

• t2err.jpg
    Filename
    t2err.jpg
    File size
    27.28 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 6 of 9, by `Moe`

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your video card seems to be the problem. You could try to play with output settings (output=, fullfixed/fullresolution, scaler and so on) in dosbox.conf, you'll need a little patience for that, I guess. If your card is real old, it may simply be too old - if it's rather new, you may have strange driver settings (common with flat displays). In any case, try various output settings, resolutions and so on.

Reply 7 of 9, by Spinik

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks `Moe`!

I tried playing with those parameters a bit. I've set "fullfixed=true" and "output=ddraw" and the game runs on fullscreen. The only thing that bugs me now is that the scrolling is rather slow sometimes, maybe it's because of the sound but when I lower the frequency the game hangs and if I turn the sound off the game doesn't start at all. Strange. Anyway I'd be eager to see if there is a way to speed the game up.