VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Chilly Willy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The command line works fine. Even when I use "-c cycles=500". If I use multiple, like so...

-c cycles=500 -c oplmode=none -c tandy=on

DOSBox messes up and doesn't run the game. Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 9, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What are you trying to do?

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 5 of 9, by Chilly Willy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
konc wrote:

Try removing the oplmode command, it should work. It's not about having multiple commands, it's oplmode specifically.

Thank you!

Is there no command line for window resolution?

Reply 6 of 9, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Qbix wrote:

well there is a limit to how many -c commands can be given.

I don't know why this is happening but "oplmode" in particular seems to have issues. Even alone as a single command messes things up.

Chilly Willy wrote:

Is there no command line for window resolution?

Sorry I have no clue, I don't use dosbox like this with commands. I played quickly with your command trying to see what's wrong with it only because you didn't have any better suggestions until then.

Reply 7 of 9, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

It works better if you create configs for the games and use those configs with Dosbox.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 8 of 9, by Chilly Willy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

It works better if you create configs for the games and use those configs with Dosbox.

I tried redirecting the config link to one used in the game folder but must have been doing something wrong. As I didn't want to alter the original config. Any clue, via command line?

Reply 9 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You don't need to use a full conf file. Just add the non default settings you want in a separate conf and DOSBox will use defaults for the rest. the main thing you will want is to use the [autoexec] section for game specifics like mounting.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers