Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 24160 of 52699, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote:

My Yamaha YST-M15 with subwoofer and my Advent 370 with subwoofer systems.

I have to say although the Yamaha has treble the Advent has base and good treble too.
However neither compete with a klipsch Pro media 2,1 or a Bose Companion 3.

MOD MESSAGE START:
Intel486dx33, did you just get those items? You have previously multiple times posted in this thread were you are showing of your collection. If you want to do that, please start a new separate thread as this thread is for newly acquired items.

Please send me or any other mod a PM if you have any questions.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 24163 of 52699, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The original Mystique driver CD! Yes please, can you please please image that and upload it somewhere?

Any other interesting driver CDs in there?

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 24164 of 52699, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is that Mystique driver CD anything special? Of couse I can image it, but I thought somethat that common (?) should be available already.

There are quite a few other nice driver CDs, which is why I bought the lot at all. Now I can complete many of my graphics cards. There's the ATi Mach64 international driver CD included, as well as the same for the Rage Pro series. Also a driver CD from PC Chips which also includes lots of tools, programs (MP3 encoder, Corel WordPerfect 8, etc.), and even the microcode for the Pentium II / III.

Reply 24165 of 52699, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote:

Is that Mystique driver CD anything special? Of couse I can image it, but I thought somethat that common (?) should be available already.

There are quite a few other nice driver CDs, which is why I bought the lot at all. Now I can complete many of my graphics cards. There's the ATi Mach64 international driver CD included, as well as the same for the Rage Pro series. Also a driver CD from PC Chips which also includes lots of tools, programs (MP3 encoder, Corel WordPerfect 8, etc.), and even the microcode for the Pentium II / III.

There are a couple different versions of the CD, one version has high quality videos of the marketing materials and I'm hoping this one is it.

Reply 24166 of 52699, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cooler master Wave aluminum case.
Soyo slot-1 motherboard bx440 chipset with 500mhz. CPU P3.
512mb ram
Voodoo 3 3DFX AGP
Sound Blaster Audigy 2zs with live drive.

Going to be a Win98 gaming PC.

Attachments

• soyo.jpg
    Filename
    soyo.jpg
    File size
    266.84 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_0555.jpg
    File size
    977.89 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • 3171D672-1454-4D3A-843B-611084663B67.jpeg
    Filename
    3171D672-1454-4D3A-843B-611084663B67.jpeg
    File size
    1.58 MiB
    Views
    File license
Last edited by Intel486dx33 on 2018-07-05, 21:43. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 24168 of 52699, by NamelessPlayer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought this a few weeks back, but an upcoming vacation meant that I had to tell the seller to wait 'til I got back, and it's finally here.
Emplant.jpg

The Emplant board isn't required to emulate a Mac on an Amiga per se, but the RS-422 serial ports should make LocalTalk networking an option, amongst other things. Fusion and possibly ShapeShifter should support the use of this thing.

Now I just need RTG (at not-ridiculous prices) and maybe some more RAM to make this A4000 a nice Quadra alternative.

Reply 24169 of 52699, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ughh... should I buy another Toshiba Satellite 400CDT? It even comes with the docking station.

It is soo cheap, but I already have one (broken VGA out and PS/2, though) and I just bought my 5th retro laptop. 😕

Reply 24171 of 52699, by OldCat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
henryVK wrote:

Ughh... should I buy another Toshiba Satellite 400CDT? It even comes with the docking station.

It is soo cheap, but I already have one (broken VGA out and PS/2, though) and I just bought my 5th retro laptop. 😕

Depends:

• Do you have enough dispensable income to afford it?
  • Do you have enough storage space for all of these laptops?
  • Do you have time to spend repairing and running them?
  • Will your significant other get annoyed if you buy it?

Check if you have more YES-es than NO-s, if so go for it (@luckybob - please keep these images smaller). If no, then there is override question:

• Do you really, REALLY want it?

Reply 24173 of 52699, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote:

There are a couple different versions of the CD, one version has high quality videos of the marketing materials and I'm hoping this one is it.

It contains the promotion video in several languages in MPEG-1 format, but that's it. Rest are drivers only and the patches for Tomb Raider and Battle Arena Toshinden.

Reply 24174 of 52699, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
OldCat wrote:

(@luckybob - please keep these images smaller)

Image fits and looks just fine on my screen.

luckybob wrote:

in my defense, I'm on mobile atm. looked fine to me.

wonderwhatawoman.gif
Filename
wonderwhatawoman.gif
File size
985.52 KiB
Views
File license
henryVK wrote:

Yes, I would buy it. Just the fact you are on the fence means you should buy it or possibly regret it later when you need parts from it. There have been sooooo many times I regretted not picking up a piece of hardware only to find out they don't come along very often or I needed a part from a machine and now they are twice as expensive.

Reply 24175 of 52699, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote:
appiah4 wrote:

It contains the promotion video in several languages in MPEG-1 format, but that's it. Rest are drivers only and the patches for Tomb Raider and Battle Arena Toshinden.

An image would be very welcome.

Reply 24176 of 52699, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just got this in the mail. An Amiga600 HDD adaptor. It can be used, to connect an 44-pin IDE device on one side, and 40-pin on the other side. As an example, then I can have an 44-pin SD-to-IDE adaptor and have a cable going out, onto were I connect a platter drive or CD-Rom. Another cool feature, is that it will correct the diode conflict, that many CF/SD card adaptors have with the HDD led on the Amiga600.

A600-HD-01.jpg
Filename
A600-HD-01.jpg
File size
304.19 KiB
Views
File license
A600-HD-02.jpg
Filename
A600-HD-02.jpg
File size
352.07 KiB
Views
File license

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 24177 of 52699, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
appiah4 wrote:
Walked into a local electronics fleashop. The owner turned out to be an old pc dealer. I asked for a VLB video card and he came […]
Show full quote

Walked into a local electronics fleashop. The owner turned out to be an old pc dealer. I asked for a VLB video card and he came back with this. Of course I got it.

DF407E7C-0389-4CE9-9C99-CDC0609D62CB.jpeg

The components marked red were missing so I immediately found replacements and soldered them on, the card appears on the ISA bus which is a good sign. The caps marked yellow have an orange leak near the bottom so likely gone and will be replaced next including the quick and dirty out of place cap I installed.

One of the simm slots plastic retaining clips are broken so I may also replace that or both at some point.. Can AWE32s work with a single 32MB simm?

I also need to find a bracket for it I wonder what donors would be compatible..

Also anyone can see more that is wrong with the card?

Ok, so while working on this card I realized the cap at C121 is also missing and I have no clue what rating that should be.. Does anyone have a CT3980 at hand and can they tell me what kind of cap I need for this? I'm guessing 50V 4.7uF is what I need but confirmation would be very nice.

Reply 24178 of 52699, by wiretap

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SB Live Platinum from a Goodwill auction. Box is in kind of rough shape, but the rest looks good. Hopefully it works. And, missed out on a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP on a Goodwill auction.. I had a bid of 109.99, and someone got the high bid in the last second of $110.99. bah 😢

8Z8kZmil.jpg

kB17o4ql.jpg

hvfxrsCl.jpg

rXGxaMKl.jpg

My Github
Circuit Board Repair Manuals

Reply 24179 of 52699, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bet you can’t guess what I bought ?