VOGONS


Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 381 of 665, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
milepanic wrote:

Playing Moded TR3 using Peixoto patch, with custom HD textures and up-scaled and enhanced FMV videos (made by me 😀)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlJ0j3t0rN8&t=36s

Awesome, post the video here:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

people are sure to like it

Reply 382 of 665, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Peixoto wrote:
Awesome, post the video here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8 […]
Show full quote
milepanic wrote:

Playing Moded TR3 using Peixoto patch, with custom HD textures and up-scaled and enhanced FMV videos (made by me 😀)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlJ0j3t0rN8&t=36s

Awesome, post the video here:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

people are sure to like it

Oh yeah tomb raider forum totally forgot about that place, I will post it now. Thanks!

Reply 383 of 665, by tezinho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
tezinho wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
tezinho wrote:

Windows 10 x64 the game works perfectly without problems with MP4 or in-game sound.

Problem solved !!

Anyway, try to re-encode the mp4 files as bnik. For the sound, run setup and select you instead of selecting "primary sound driver" select the other option that appears. Also try to remove the singlecore=1 option from tomb2.ini

W10 on this laptop is slowww, but if it is necessary will be the way. I'll try these tips, thank you very much.

Hello, me again

Problem solved 2x 🤣

I found the problem on my W7 x64.
First I started to suspect the LAV decoders filters and in my case I discovered a setup in the K-Lite Codec.

After installing the K-Lite Codec... i opened 'Codec Tweak Tool' and worked on the 'Preferred decoders' option in the Win7DSFilterTweaker section.

Inside there is a setting for "H.264", default option is "USE MERIT", here I changed it to "LAV Video" and the TR2 MP4 videos worked without problems in my W7 x64.

On W10 x64 I did not need to change this parameter.

Time to play again after 20 years.

Reply 384 of 665, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Hello, me again […]
Show full quote

Hello, me again

Problem solved 2x 🤣

I found the problem on my W7 x64.
First I started to suspect the LAV decoders filters and in my case I discovered a setup in the K-Lite Codec.

After installing the K-Lite Codec... i opened 'Codec Tweak Tool' and worked on the 'Preferred decoders' option in the Win7DSFilterTweaker section.

Inside there is a setting for "H.264", default option is "USE MERIT", here I changed it to "LAV Video" and the TR2 MP4 videos worked without problems in my W7 x64.

On W10 x64 I did not need to change this parameter.

Time to play again after 20 years.

Thanks for sharing that man, I had issues running mp4 fmvs as well, but I converted them to bik and that solved issue, but your fix i think its much better, because MP4 videos are much higher quality. Thanks again for sharing!

Reply 385 of 665, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Quick question about resident evil 2, is there anyway to stretch game so i dont see those black bars on the side, and is anyone have maybe upresed textures of environment that i can replace in game? I'm using Resident Evil 2 sourcenext version. Thanks!

Attachments

  • Untitled.png
    Filename
    Untitled.png
    File size
    354.21 KiB
    Views
    1379 views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 386 of 665, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
milepanic wrote:

Quick question about resident evil 2, is there anyway to stretch game so i dont see those black bars on the side, and is anyone have maybe upresed textures of environment that i can replace in game? I'm using Resident Evil 2 sourcenext version. Thanks!

That would make Ada look short and fat. Think about it !

Reply 387 of 665, by milepanic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Peixoto wrote:
milepanic wrote:

Quick question about resident evil 2, is there anyway to stretch game so i dont see those black bars on the side, and is anyone have maybe upresed textures of environment that i can replace in game? I'm using Resident Evil 2 sourcenext version. Thanks!

That would make Ada look short and fat. Think about it !

True 🤣, that would not be good.

Attachments

Reply 394 of 665, by habla2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hey Peixoto,

great work with your fixes for RE2, just enjoyed two playthroughs after almost 20 years. Now, since i never played RE3, i was wondering, if you have something similar for Nemesis, especially your clean character models would be so nice to have.

Anything like that possible for RE3?

Reply 395 of 665, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
klappa wrote:

My AV warned me that the help file contained malware. Why is that?

Read the readme file

habla2k wrote:

Hey Peixoto,

great work with your fixes for RE2, just enjoyed two playthroughs after almost 20 years. Now, since i never played RE3, i was wondering, if you have something similar for Nemesis, especially your clean character models would be so nice to have.

Anything like that possible for RE3?

Doesn't RE3 already supports hight resolutions ?

Reply 396 of 665, by habla2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Peixoto wrote:
klappa wrote:

My AV warned me that the help file contained malware. Why is that?

Doesn't RE3 already supports hight resolutions ?

Thanks for answering. It does have higher Resolution, but not until FHD, besides, with your patches the 3D models were a lot cleaner and with higher detail.

Reply 397 of 665, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
habla2k wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
klappa wrote:

My AV warned me that the help file contained malware. Why is that?

Doesn't RE3 already supports hight resolutions ?

Thanks for answering. It does have higher Resolution, but not until FHD, besides, with your patches the 3D models were a lot cleaner and with higher detail.

Its just the higher resolution that gives that impression, nothing else is changed

Anyway, i'm gonna add that game to the "games to patch list". It's gonna take some time, but before the end of the year i will probably release several new patches and add a "create new" button in the help program that will let people add some tweaks and improvements to many games using opengl or DirectX 1-11

Reply 399 of 665, by DJ Full

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
Xpresso wrote:

when I want to run any Tomb Raider I get Unable to find or load C/: Users/... /Peixoto/peixoto.dll-126

Hello there. Windows 10 Home 64, GeForce GTX-670, Ryzen 1700.
Got a similar issue with Tomb 2 but slightly different, maybe it can cast some more light on it.
First I get "Failed to load D3Dx9_43.dll, some features will not work, make sure DirectX is up to date"
then I get "Unable to find or load (here my folder path to peixoto)\peixoto.dll-126"
I downloaded the patch few times, installed vcredist 2008, both x86 and x64, pasted d3dx9_43.dll.
I see tomb2.exe window opens but it closes as soon as I dismiss those error messages.
I read in earlier posts directx files are now a part of windows sdk, should I do something with that?

EDIT: OK I just noticed I got the link from this thread here, I thought it would be the latest one.
Now got one from tombraiderforums and it seems to work. However this happens instead.
https://youtu.be/fGT4s7CCOlg