I think I'm interested in your project, just a few questions before I buy a card for this.
You say "EMU10K", does it means it will work with all the Creative range from SB Live to Audigy ZS Platinum Pro? Does the mixer support the I/O in the 5.25 front panel of an SB Live or the external module of the Platinum Pro?
Any mixing restriction you have encountered? For example, can I mix line-in from the 3.5mm jack in the back of the card with the internal SPDIF-in, internal CD-in and the 6.35 mm Line-in 2 from the external module/front panel?
Does this mixer require to load the DOS drivers that emulate an ISA Sound Blaster? Does it require EMM386? Compatibility issues with 3rd party memory managers like Jemmex or Qemm386?
How much conventional RAM (<640KB) does it consume?
How is the compatibility, have you found any issues with any DOS game?
Just in case, here is what I would like to connect to this "mixer card" if I had an SB Live with front panel:
- OPL3+EMU8k -> internal SPDIF-in
- Wave-out -> Line-in in the back with a male to male 3.5 mm stereo cable
(this is following your recommendation for cleaner AWE32 audio)
Keropi's MPU 401 clone
- Internal wavetable -> internal Aux-in with typical CD-Audio cable (the card has an internal line-out header for the midi daughterboard)
- External CM-500 -> secondary external Line-in in external module / front panel
- Internal CD-In with typical CD-Audio cable
Then for the output, take the TOSlink-out from the front panel to a dedicated DAC+AMP. This part is not vital, if I have to take the stereo-out from the back of the card I'm fine with it.