I am a father

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 53, by tayyare

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
clueless1 wrote:

Is anyone else having Star Wars flashbacks every time they see the subject line of this thread? 🤣

🤣 🤣

Congurats Kreshna! 😀

GA-6VTXE PIII 1.4+512MB
Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB
Diamond Monster 3D 12MB SLI
SB AWE64 PNP+32MB
120GB IDE Samsung/80GB IDE Seagate/146GB SCSI Compaq/73GB SCSI IBM
Adaptec AHA29160
3com 3C905B-TX
Gotek+CF Reader
MSDOS 6.22+Win 3.11/95 OSR2.1/98SE/ME/2000

Reply 22 of 53, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Congrats! You're a lucky guy! Evi is beautiful. She is like a fairy-tale princess, like Elsa from Frozen. Your wedding must have been incredible.

Yes, I noticed your ThrustMaster collection. Very nice!

I'm glad that Shafa is a gamer. I played Shadowgrounds and Survivor last year. Both are excellent, but I liked Survivor better. The three characters in Survivor were more colorful and entertaining, but the game is much darker than its predecessor. You can play co-op in that one, so maybe team up with Shafa so it isn't scary?

I think you should share your interests with your wife and daughter. If you all enjoy the audiophile thing, why not?

I'm jealous.

Reply 24 of 53, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Congratulations mate, happy/exciting next few months ahead (for us men anyway, we really do have the easy job)

and 4 people is a nice round number for some retro network gaming in the future 😉

Reply 25 of 53, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Congratulations! All the best to you, your family! Cherish the good things that life has given you 😀

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 27 of 53, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Congratulations dude! And thanks for sharing with us. You look proud and excited in all the photos - not hard to understand why. 😀

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 29 of 53, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

😀 Thank you everyone. By the way, yes, my wife is indeed pregnant, so hopefully there will be more good news to come!

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 30 of 53, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Congratulations to the two of you grown-ups, and to your stepdaughter. I can see the love flowing out of every picture (well, maybe not the one of the pregnancy test thing, that's just kindof medical-looking).

I wish you all a lifetime bursting with happiness!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to find out where all this dust is coming from that's getting in my eyes...

Reply 31 of 53, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Get ready to lose some sleep!

Last edited by gdjacobs on 2019-01-18, 17:01. Edited 1 time in total.

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 32 of 53, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🤣 Indeed, as expected. But I have lost sleep over TIE Fighter, Heroes of Might and Magic, and Sansui AU-7900/JBL 120Ti combo (couldn't stop listening to music), so losing sleep over my baby is a welcome change. 😀

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 33 of 53, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

I have lost sleep over TIE Fighter, Heroes of Might and Magic, and Sansui AU-7900/JBL 120Ti combo (couldn't stop listening to music), so losing sleep over my baby is a welcome change. 😀

Heh heh, well, you'll probably have to lose some of that, too! Get ready for a wild ride!

Reply 34 of 53, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My gaming life has changed anyway. Now, everything I play something violent and loud (like Painkiller, GZ Doom, and Quake), my daughter always insist to sit on my lap to watch the monsters being massacred! 🤣

Her most favorite is Painkiller, by the way. She always loves to see the monsters thrown away by the titular weapon.

Reply 35 of 53, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I wonder if she'd enjoy committing malpractice on patients in Life & Death? Never too early to encourage going into medicine. 😀

Reply 36 of 53, by chrismeyer6

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Congratulations my good sir. There is great joy that comes with being a husband and father. So enjoy the time spent with your family and your new little one to come. Me and my wife are expecting our 2nd son this coming summer.

Reply 37 of 53, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
chrismeyer6 wrote:

Congratulations my good sir. There is great joy that comes with being a husband and father. So enjoy the time spent with your family and your new little one to come. Me and my wife are expecting our 2nd son this coming summer.

Hey, congratulations! 😀

KT7AGuy wrote:

Congrats! You're a lucky guy! Evi is beautiful. She is like a fairy-tale princess, like Elsa from Frozen. Your wedding must have been incredible.

Thank you. 😀

Funny thing, Elsa is also Shafa's most favorite character.

Yes, I noticed your ThrustMaster collection. Very nice!

KT7AGuy wrote:

I think you should share your interests with your wife and daughter. If you all enjoy the audiophile thing, why not?

Evi isn't audiophile by any means, but she likes music, especially nasyeed like this song (she has a strong religious upbringing; if she were a Minbari she would belong to the religious caste). So, since she loves music, I love to impress her by playing her favorite songs on my gears. 😀

Lately I bought a pair of NHT SuperZero XU --which sounds exactly the same as the non-XU version of SuperZero. I warned my wife that the speakers have no bass, then play her favorite song on them. She was so amazed with the vocals --she said the vocals were so real, as if the singer was in the room with her. And no, she's not an audiophile.

But I think I'm glad my wife is not an audiophile. Being a non-audiophile, she could tell me the quality of a particular gear, honestly and spontaneously, without expectation biases typically suffered by audiophiles. 😀

gdjacobs wrote:

I wonder if she'd enjoy committing malpractice on patients in Life & Death? Never too early to encourage going into medicine. 😀

🤣 The game actually allows you to do that?

Reply 38 of 53, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Congrats, man.

Having lost my mother as well, I can relate to you missing yours and wishing she could share in your newfound happiness as well. I'm sure she would have loved your wife and stepdaughter dearly and would've been proud of you.

I wish you and your new family a healthy, happy and prosperous future! 😀

Reply 39 of 53, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman: Congratulations my friend 😀 it makes me very happy to hear, that you have gotten married, and you are going to be a father 😀 I wish you the best, and I wondered what had happened to you for a while. But now I am a big smile 😀 And about losing ones mother, well I lost mine almost 3 years ago...